Zac Epping commits to Minnesota

That's better news than him not commiting

Good get for the Gophers. Both he and Eggen look like solid prospects.

Brewster treats Wisconsin like in-state recruiting. That's who we are, that's what we do.

What's your point?

I have a feeling a lot of the same that was said about Eggen will be said about Epping. Just point of reference.

EDIT: I just realized when I edited the name of the link (I had mistakenly written Epping) I deleted the body of the text in my post, which basically said what I'm saying in this post.

Brewster treats Wisconsin like in-state recruiting. That's who we are, that's what we do.

It sure is easy for him to clean up when they have no Wisconsin offer huh?

And easy when they have no interest in a Wisconsin offer and blow off attending the Badger camp.

Why attend Wisconsin's camp if there is no indication that you're going to be offered?

Why attend Wisconsin's camp if there is no indication that you're going to be offered?

So there were no players at the camp that thought it was probably a longshot or no chance they'd get offered a full ride scholarship?

Wow, must have been a small camp.

He has been getting little to no interest from the UW staff and expressed his resentment over that in an earlier article. With that said, of the two, I think that Epping is able to offer more due to his ability to play either offense or defense.

Of the three Wisconsin players that have committed, I would say Epping is the safest bet, followed by Parish(due to the likelihood of his playing S or LB) and then Eggen having the highest likelihood of being a bust, just due to the fact that he can only play T. Just to be clear, you could say that about any one dimensional player that a team recruits. I was just giving the pecking order as I see it.

How many times or how many ways do we have to say this, both players have know for a long time that they were NOT going to get offers from UW.

I do hope both of them will find a home in Minny and enjoy their years in the twin cities.

All I know is we got 3 3*'s from Wisky and all of the Badger's instate recruits weren't even recognized by recruiting services except that Zibinkowasaka. Not saying they know everything, but I'll take our chances. The Badgers can have their 0*'s and take solice in the fact that BB knows what hes doing (which judging by the descent of the program I'm not sure I'd be feeling too good right now) :)

Is Tim Davis recruiting these guys? Maybe I'm buying too much into his history and advertised coaching ability, but if he's evaluating the talent, likes what he sees, and thinks he can mold these boys into a solid group then I don't give a crap about if Wisconsin or Iowa offered them. Maybe they're just too lazy, strapped for cash, or dumb to recruit and evaluate Epping and Eggen properly. Midwest kids can tend to be late bloomers anyway. Personally, if I were a recruit and the story is that I'd only get an offer from a school if I ponied up cash to travel and attend a day camp they'd be scratched from my list. Is it crazy to think that a high school kid who actually wants a life along with playing football might have something better to do on that particular weekend?

Eggen was closer to getting an offer from UW then Epping was. Like I said, there had been little to no contact from the UW staff for months.

Eggen was closer to getting an offer from UW then Epping was. Like I said, there had been little to no contact from the UW staff for months.

dude, your a broken record. you said the same negative sh!t about Zagzebski even though in reality that kid is legit (thank goodness for your badgers, that gives them 1 decent player verbaled out of the 7 or whatever they have right now).

Interesting to see the two Wisconsin kids committ and certain WI fans find it so unimportant that they all of a sudden are on here posting about how insignificant the committments are. If these don't matter to you, then why are you even on here? Is it really worth your time?

As to the recruits - welcome! We're happy to have you!

Welcome aboard Zac Epping! So where do they play him?

As you know, I have always come in peace. I have gone on record several times that I am not a fan of Konrad for UW or UM due to his knee, lack of speed. I for one thought that Eggen was going to come to camp, perform well and get an offer and that wasnt the case as he was out performed by a unknown(to recruiting services) player in Dallas Lewallen. Epping on the other hand has seen the contact with the UW staff decrease ever since JR day and did not attend UW camp after seeing that he was not going to get an offer.

This is a strange year in Wisconsin in terms of recruits. There really arent any marquee guys this year as in years past(minus for Hagerup the punter). The state is full of a bunch of glue guys. Talented players yes, but no real super stars. Think of it as a class full of players like Shady's, not outright flashy guys but a bunch of good program guys. I am not ragging on Shady for those that might jump on me. He is similar to Zach Brown on Wisconsin, not a starter but a dependable player who can be called upon when the starters need a rest or are hurt.

I'm not excited for either kid but they both have size. I trust our staff to develop these kids into good players. I could care less about a Wisconsin offer because its clear the Wisky staff only offers in state kids they have a legit chance with and don't offer guys they probably won't get for appearance. They wanted Parrish but gave him a conditional offer. They wouldn't offer Zags until they were sure he would commit, and the same could've happened with these guys.

Anyway I don't care about Wisky offers or Iowa offers or any other non big time offers when it comes to the OL because there are so many big guys all over. If our staff likes a guys size and feet that's good enough for me

Interesting to see the two Wisconsin kids committ and certain WI fans find it so unimportant that they all of a sudden are on here posting about how insignificant the committments are. If these don't matter to you, then why are you even on here? Is it really worth your time?

As to the recruits - welcome! We're happy to have you!

Im not saying there unimportant I was referring to a poster who said that Wisconsin is like instate recruiting to Brewster, which is completely false.

This is a strange year in Wisconsin in terms of recruits. There really arent any marquee guys this year as in years past(minus for Hagerup the punter). The state is full of a bunch of glue guys. Talented players yes, but no real super stars. Think of it as a class full of players like Shady's, not outright flashy guys but a bunch of good program guys. I am not ragging on Shady for those that might jump on me. He is similar to Zach Brown on Wisconsin, not a starter but a dependable player who can be called upon when the starters need a rest or are hurt.

I didn't take the time to go through the rankings for both Minnesota and Wisconsin in Scout, Rivals and ESPN. ESPN has the easiest method of comparing quality of recruits by state (for me at least) and it appears that numbers wise Wisconsin and Minnesota are roughly equal this year in terms of number of good (High D1) recruits. There does appear to be a quality difference for the top three or so players in Minnesota.

What is interesting is that Wisconsin has none of the good MN recruits and Minnesota has three of the good WI recruits (more than Wisconsin). Looking at any of the recruiting services Wisconsin has two or three quality recruits and Minnesota has five or six. It's very early in the recruiting game, but at this point it's very difficult to argue that Wisconsin has anywhere near Minnesota's quality and numbers in recruiting. Similarly, for Wisconsin to catch up they have to recruit higher caliber players and Minnesota needs to recruit some lower caliber players.

He has been getting little to no interest from the UW staff and expressed his resentment over that in an earlier article. With that said, of the two, I think that Epping is able to offer more due to his ability to play either offense or defense.

Of the three Wisconsin players that have committed, I would say Epping is the safest bet, followed by Parish(due to the likelihood of his playing S or LB) and then Eggen having the highest likelihood of being a bust, just due to the fact that he can only play T. Just to be clear, you could say that about any one dimensional player that a team recruits. I was just giving the pecking order as I see it.

I see why you don't have a job working as a scout. Have you actually watched Parish highlight film? He isn't moving to safety. He is a QB, and a pretty good one.

You're also dumb if you think that Eggen can't be moved inside to G. His feet are good enough feet to play at T and in time he should be strong enough to play G.

Yes, Epping has the ability to play at either C or DT.

Im not saying there unimportant I was referring to a poster who said that Wisconsin is like instate recruiting to Brewster, which is completely false.

that was in retaliation to your coach saying minnesota is like instate recruiting

do you agree?

Is there a chance that S. Henderson signs with WI.?
Badger fans on these boards might be difficult to live with if that occured.

Is there a chance that S. Henderson signs with WI.?
Badger fans on these boards might be difficult to live with if that occured.

Not really, at least based on what I've heard. He's been consistently listing his top schools as Minnesota, USC, Michigan, Ohio State and a few others. Of course, a lot could change. But he hasn't mentioned Wisconsin amongst his top schools, so I would think their chances at him rank somewhere between slim and none at this point.

Top Bottom