Baseball cap alternatives

2727Gopher

Reaction score
With outdoor games just around the corner, I'm starting to look at getting weather-related Gopher items. One thing I'm specifically looking at is hats. I burn extremely easily, so I'll be wearing a hat to most games and I have a good variety of baseball caps available. However, I'm curious to see if there are other good warm weather options - specifically ones that would protect my ears. Any thoughts?

Not sure if the bookstore or gold country has them, or even at the U of M golf course, But I know I have seen big straw like Greg Norman style golf hats with the M logo on them...just not sure where to get them.

I've been wondering if we will start to see more Gopher licensed ponchos, quilted jackets, etc. now that the team will be playing outdoors. I got some super expensive rain gear for fishing a couple years ago and I specifically got it in a neutral color in ancipipation for the new stadium. Most of the choices were red/black, Blue/black, or all black. I went out of my way for tan that would look decent with Gopher colors.

Aren't there desert hats that are like baseball caps, but have cloth that comes down to protect the back of the neck and the ears from sun? I don't know if there is a Gopher version, but I suppose you could make one by taking a Gophers baseball cap and sewing matching fabric on it.

It's swimsuit season right now. I think you should concentrate on that a little more.

Helmet Hat?

If you don't mind mixing your sports try a hockey helmet hat from Gold Country, Goldy's LR or the Bookstore. It covers the ears, has the block "M" on the sides, says "MINNESOTA" across the front, is suprisingly warm and is available in maroon or gold. I'm warm enough in Mariucci that I don't need to wear it there but outdoors on a cold day I can't think of any better headgear to sport the maroon and gold.

Playing outdoors now perhaps they will start selling a football helmet hat? Excuse me while I send an e-mail to Gold Country et al.........

If you don't mind mixing your sports try a hockey helmet hat from Gold Country, Goldy's LR or the Bookstore. It covers the ears, has the block "M" on the sides, says "MINNESOTA" across the front, is suprisingly warm and is available in maroon or gold. I'm warm enough in Mariucci that I don't need to wear it there but outdoors on a cold day I can't think of any better headgear to sport the maroon and gold.

Playing outdoors now perhaps they will start selling a football helmet hat? Excuse me while I send an e-mail to Gold Country et al.........

Well, I don't mind mixing sports as long as it's Gopher gear, but I'm more interested in finding a warm weather hat - winter hats that protect your ears are very common, but something that can be worn when it's not so cold out is the challenge.

Well, I don't mind mixing sports as long as it's Gopher gear, but I'm more interested in finding a warm weather hat - winter hats that protect your ears are very common, but something that can be worn when it's not so cold out is the challenge.

Oops - I read right past the "warm weather" part of your original message. Time to head back to the opthamologist I guess......

If you are going bald like Studwell, I'd suggest some Flair Hair:

http://www.flairhair.com/
122242_lg.jpg

Edit: the Bookstore seems to be stocking up for the stadium. They have seat cushions and a nice poncho-thing in their "stadium & outdoor" section.

I noticed the bookstore is selling a pop up canopy type thing. If I remember people are always wondering where to get these, $249.99.
17150.jpg

Top Bottom