best route to stadium

Reaction score
ok, i'm thinking about what will be the best route to stadium & tailgating spot. here's my scenario & options. please help me if you can think of something i haven't: I will be getting to my lot, which is on the east bank, east of the stadium, a good half-hour before we can officially start tailgating. I will be coming from the west/southwest of the metro.

option 1: 35w north to Univ. ave exit. take University through Dinky to lot. (might take a while,but would get a nice feel for campus to get amped up.)

option 2: 35 N to 94 E to Huron Blvd exit. take Huron through Stadium Village. (see option 1 for pros & cons)

option 3: 35 N to 94 E to 280 N to University Ave exit. Come into lot from the east. (seems like the easiest way, but no sights or sounds upon arrival & is a little out of the way)

option 4: 62 W to hiawatha (55) to washington ave exit. take washington through the heart of campus to stadium & lot. (get to cross bridge. great for sight seeing on game day)

These are the only routes to campus I know of from my direction. anything i've missed???

Having been a delivery driver while on campus, I would have to go with option 2, trying to think of hockey crowds 4 times bigger... The new configuration of Huron actually seemed to move fairly well... Only three lights to the stadium, all straight ahead, with two lanes the whole way. That will be the least amount of headache. Now if you want sights and sounds opt for 1 and take the new 35 bridge and go down University from the west for "Hey kids look at all the sorority and frat kids, but keep your doors locked" route. It depends on what you want. Hell if your are coming really early the traffic might not be insane yet, and you could pull in a drive on frat row for some kegs and eggs.

Personally I'd go option 3. Getting there I'd want to take the easiest route. If you are getting there 4.5 hours before game time you have plenty of time to take in the sights and get amped for the game.

Arrive early, leave late. You miss most of the rookie traffic. The Fuddy-duddies that leave early to avoid the traffic are the ones who get caught in the traffic so stay for a while, enjoy the ambiance and then leave.

Arrive early, leave late. You miss most of the rookie traffic. The Fuddy-duddies that leave early to avoid the traffic are the ones who get caught in the traffic so stay for a while, enjoy the ambiance and then leave.

Words to live by. Truly.

Top Bottom