Looking at the empty stadium

Rog

Reaction score
I see the beautiful lettering spelled out in the Gold seats against the Maroon seats.

Would it be feasible for all the fans sitting in the gold seats to wear gold and those in the maroon seats to wear maroon? Then on game day "Minnesota" and the block "M" would be visible in the stands.

Good idea or problems?

Great idea, I just don't see the fan base being coordinated enough to do it...I've gotta think some old timers will be hard to swing out of their habits.

Great idea, I just don't see the fan base being coordinated enough to do it...I've gotta think some old timers will be hard to swing out of their habits.

Plus, this assumes everyone has the right color gear. Not everyone has gold Gopher gear.

tickets

Put instructions on the tickets. If you purchased a maroon seat, the ticket would say "Maroon", same for gold seats. It would take a little explaining, but shouldn't be impossible.

If it was a game early in the year, they could leave the correct colored t-shirt on each seat for people to use.

I can guarantee you that the people in my four seats will comply with this. I only hope we are all one color, if not, there will be no switching of seats.

This should be do-able. Maybe not every week, but if the athletic marketing department can get the word ou, it could at least happen for big games.

I have wondered the same thing, and I have also figured the only way to get it done would be to have a promotion where every seat had the correct color tshirt on it when the fans arrive.

To think it could be planned and carried out by the fans would be to ignore history (the failed "gold outs" of the past)

I noticed that the gold "S" that was located on my seats on the selection tool is now to the left of my seats in the actual pictures I am seeing, so I was expecting gold seats and now it looks like I will be in maroon seats between the S and the O....

I noticed that the gold "S" that was located on my seats on the selection tool is now to the left of my seats in the actual pictures I am seeing, so I was expecting gold seats and now it looks like I will be in maroon seats between the S and the O....

I bet quite a few people will find out the same thing because the seat selection map still used the block lettering.

we have a hard enough time getting everyone to wear gold, now you want to try to coordinate gold and maroon?

It would be cool for maybe one game, but most of the time I'm hoping for a lot more GOLD in the stadium than that!

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. I don't think it would work.

I would try providing colored cardboard tiles or the like and ease the old timers into participatory sports fandom.

I would try providing colored cardboard tiles or the like and ease the old timers into participatory sports fandom.

Exactly. Similar attempts have failed in the past. Imagine how difficult this will be when its 35 and windy and fans will show up with multi colored winter jackets. Even Viking wear!! A gold t-shirt is one thing but winter coats!!!!!

Ulfr's idea or colored shakers for one game makes sense but coordinated clothing?????? It won't happen.

I would love to see it happen but I agree with the doubters. I have no faith in the fans after seeing the many failed Gold Outs at Williams.

I remeber going to many games as a kid (in the old stadium). They would have a card section spelling out different words. It was pretty cool. These were the days that they would also release balloons at the start of the homecoming game.

Here are a few pictures I took of the card section in the student section during the Gopher-Illinois game last year:

PA110199.jpg

PA110201.jpg

PA110202.jpg

Top Bottom