Summit League tourney re-ups with Sioux Falls

Summit Tourney

Calling the Summit League tournament a "marquee" event is a bit of a stretch, even for a university president reading material written for him by an SID.

Bronko,

It was intended for college basketball fans in general, not just Gopher fans. Perhaps a few folks here on occasion (if not you) might be interested in something outside the realm of Gopherville? Next time I'll make sure I run this sort of tidbit by you before I post it.

Thanks for the tidbit SS

If Bronko would have read the forum description, he shouldn't complain. It says:

"Tubby's Barn is where die-hard Gopher basketball fans talk about the program, upcoming games, recruiting, college basketball and of course Golden Gopher coach Tubby Smith."

Bronko,

It was intended for college basketball fans in general, not just Gopher fans. Perhaps a few folks here on occasion (if not you) might be interested in something outside the realm of Gopherville? Next time I'll make sure I run this sort of tidbit by you before I post it.

thank you! i would greatly appreciate that. ;)

Bronko don't like when NDSU gets attention + national exposure. poor guy!

Bronko don't like when NDSU gets attention + national exposure. poor guy!

lakesdouche - how is playing a no-name conference tourney in sioux falls, south dakota of all places "national exposure"?! oh lakes.......i think that one and perhaps last trip (at least for a while) to the ncaa tourney might have gone to your guy's heads JUST A LITTLE. :rolleyes:

lakesdouche - how is playing a no-name conference tourney in sioux falls, south dakota of all places "national exposure"?!

In addition, the men's and women's championship games were broadcast by ESPN2 and ESPNU, marking the first time that sports events originating from South Dakota were televised live to a national audience.

Learn to read and quit being the douche yourself, Bronko. Many former North Central Conference teams have done very well on the national scene for many years in both mens and womens sports, and have on occasion handed our ass to us, Wisky, Iowa State, etc.

lakesdouche - how is playing a no-name conference tourney in sioux falls, south dakota of all places "national exposure"?!

In addition, the men's and women's championship games were broadcast by ESPN2 and ESPNU, marking the first time that sports events originating from South Dakota were televised live to a national audience.

Learn to read and quit being the douche yourself, Bronko. Many former North Central Conference teams have done very well on the national scene for many years in both mens and womens sports, and have on occasion handed our ass to us, Wisky, Iowa State, etc.

just because a game is on ESPN-U (which many people around the country still don't get) and the tourney championship game might be on ESPN2 doesn't mean that significant numbers of people around the country (which is what actually equates to national exposure in my book) are actually tuning in to watch two obscure schools play. there is all kinds of crap on the ESPN channels, FSN, etc. that I would never watch. i'm not sayin', i'm just sayin'.

you can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig. ;)

Top Bottom