Keith Sconiers says the Gophers lead

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per SuperPrep.com:

Keith Sconiers says he now favors Minnesota slightly over Illinois, Arizona, Iowa, Louisville and Michigan State. He’s already attended junior days at Michigan State, Iowa and Wisconsin, but none of those have offered. The Gophers were the first to offer and Sconiers has already visited them. “I like the coaches a lot,” Sconiers said. “We get along great. It’s a nice school. I liked the area..."

Keith Sconiers, the 6-foot-2, 175-pound three-star wide receiver from Richards High School in Oak Lawn, Ill., finished his junior season with 30 receptions for 656 yards and 10 touchdowns.
“I’m real fast and if I catch the ball in the open space I can make the getaway,” Sconiers said. “I like to use my speed and if I get a crease I’m gone.”

He says he can bench 235-pounds and squat 340.

“I want to improve my route-running,” Sconiers said. “And I’d like to bulk up so I can be more physical. I would be harder to tackle and bring down if I was bigger.”

Sconiers, ranked as the No. 89 wide receiver in the country by Scout.com, has scholarship offers from Minnesota, Arizona, Louisville, Akron, Eastern Michigan and Indiana.

He says he now favors Minnesota slightly over Illinois, Arizona, Iowa, Louisville and Michigan State. He’s already attended junior days at Michigan State, Iowa and Wisconsin, but none of those have offered.

“Michigan State has been recruiting me very hard,” he said. “They probably send more mail than anybody else.”

But when will the Spartans offer? “They really want me to come to their camp next month,” he said. “They want to see me in person and said they’d let me know if I’ll have an offer after the camp.”

Another school that is recruiting Sconiers but hasn’t offered yet is Illinois. “They are recruiting me too,” he said. “I think they are close to offering, but haven’t told me when. They just said they are taking three receivers and are close to letting me know.”

Although he isn’t not 100-percent sure yet, Sconiers says he’d like to attend camps at Michigan State, Iowa and Wisconsin.

“I’ve been to Iowa before and I really like the campus and facilities,” he said. “They make you feel like family there and it’s only about two and half hours away.”

Sconiers says that distance won’t play a factor. “My mom works for the airport, so she can pretty much fly anywhere,” he said. “That’s not gonna be a problem.”

Besides going to those camps, Sconiers also plans on unofficially visiting Arizona this summer as well. “I never really watched them on TV or anything and don’t know a lot about them,” he said. “But I know the Pac-10 is a pretty good conference and they play good competition like USC, UCLA and Oregon.”

The first school to offer Sconiers was Minnesota and he’s already visited the Gophers. “I like the coaches a lot,” he said. “We get along great.

“It’s a nice school,” he said. “I liked the area a lot too. We went on a family trip to the Mall of America and that area and it was really cool.”

Sconiers says he’s also very close with wide receiver coach Richard Hightower. “He’s very cool,” he said. “He’s very honest and works with you to make you a better player.”

Sconiers says he followed Florida and Texas as a youngster, but neither the Gators nor the Longhorns are recruiting him.

Although Sconiers says he doesn’t have a time frame for making a decision, he says it may be towards the end of summer. “I want to visit a couple more places,” he said. “But if I feel comfortable with a school, I’ll probably just commit.

“I want to make sure I get a good education and have something to fall back on,” he said.

Sconiers plans on majoring in either business or physical therapy. He reports a 2.5 core GPA and took the ACT on June 13.

http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=2&c=874933

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom