Big Ten Fan Council

GopherInWI

Section 243, Row 27
Reaction score
There will be at least one Gopher voice on the Big Ten Network's fan council! I'm happy to pass along that I've been selected to be a member of the 2009 Big Ten Network Fan Council. About 30-35 made the cut, and apparently I was considered good enough. Going off something I saw on SpartanTailgate, feel free to post any suggestions you'd like passed along. I think I'm only going to make the Kickoff Luncheon, not the basketball event in March.

Go Gophers!:clap:

3 Things

1) Charissa Thompson to be the exclusive sideline reporter for all games at TCF Bank Stadium during BTN telecasts

2) Have the BTN football crew telecast live "ala College Gameday" for the stadium opener vs. Air Forece. We ain't gettin' College Gameday that day as they'll probably be in Columbus, OH but it would be the next best thing.

3) See #1.

#2 is a really good idea. There will be a ton of buzz and excitement around campus and the BTN should take advantage of it!

(#1 and #3 are also excellent ideas)

I would like to see them do a tour of TCF Bank Stadium. They could fit it in to a Big Ten Short Stories format or they could do an entire half hour if they get footage from the athletic dept to show the process of putting it up from design to stages of construction. It isn't very often that a new stadium is built and from what I can tell everyone in the conference has interest in the stadium.

Also, a Big Ten short story on Sam Maresh. It should be time either right before the Air Force game to end it with a comment about how he will carry the flag out on to the field or in the week following after the Air Force game so they can show video of him carrying the flag out.

Tell them to start streaming pay-per-view games on the internet like MLB.tv does for all its games. I would gladly pay a reasonable fee for this. Seriously, cable is dying and I refuse to pay for 100 channels when all I want is to watch the Gophers play. Then that guy in China everybody ripped on earlier will be able to watch, and everyone will be happy.

Tell them that MUCH of Minnesota STILL doesn't have their channel and we STILL can't see Big Ten sports. They made deals with the larger cable companies to survive, but those of us that have smaller companies or companies that are based in the south (like Knology...based in Georgia but expanded to SD, NE, SW Mn) are STILL without their channel. And I honestly don't expect to see it any time soon down here.

So..tell them if they are going to allow Comcast to show the channel for cheaper than they demanded, then they should allow ALL cable companies to show their channel for that same lower amount. It's not fair that just because our provider is not in Mpls, Chicago, etc., it has to pay more. Fans are the ones that suffer.

Please ask them to make a deal with KNOLOGY cable company!

Thank you.

Tell them that MUCH of Minnesota STILL doesn't have their channel and we STILL can't see Big Ten sports. They made deals with the larger cable companies to survive, but those of us that have smaller companies or companies that are based in the south (like Knology...based in Georgia but expanded to SD, NE, SW Mn) are STILL without their channel. And I honestly don't expect to see it any time soon down here.

So..tell them if they are going to allow Comcast to show the channel for cheaper than they demanded, then they should allow ALL cable companies to show their channel for that same lower amount. It's not fair that just because our provider is not in Mpls, Chicago, etc., it has to pay more. Fans are the ones that suffer.

Please ask them to make a deal with KNOLOGY cable company!

Thank you.

Ever consider getting Directv or Dishnetwork?

Ever consider getting Directv or Dishnetwork?

Yes, but that would ruin a good deal we have for TV/phone/internet together and I'm not a big fan of satalite service. we don't get any Mpls TV stations on them here or local access channels so I'd be missing more than just Gopher sports then.

It would be much easier and fairer if the BTN would just respect their non-metro fans and treat outstate companies the same as they do the big city larger cable companies.

Top Bottom