Interesting Thread About The Stadium

Ski U Master

Reaction score
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=639997

I found this while looking for some stadium photos, it comes from a different perspective than most of the discussion I've read since it is on an architectural message board. There is some European off topic stuff, but for the most part it's on topic. Fun to see the progress that has been made since the thread started in 2007.

In related news I was looking at the webcam and it looks like they have installed the MINNESOTA spell out on the plaza in front of the gates, that should look great from an aerial shot!

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=639997

I found this while looking for some stadium photos, it comes from a different perspective than most of the discussion I've read since it is on an architectural message board. There is some European off topic stuff, but for the most part it's on topic. Fun to see the progress that has been made since the thread started in 2007.

In related news I was looking at the webcam and it looks like they have installed the MINNESOTA spell out on the plaza in front of the gates, that should look great from an aerial shot!

Thanks for the link, very interesting to read views regarding TCF & Target.

I registered and posted on that site a few times in the past. It is enjoyable, especially to see the European reaction to TCF and other US stadiums. They never seem to be able to understand why American stadiums don't put those big roofs over the seating sections. They NEVER get it. Someone usually posts to inform them how the climate (less rain than Europe) and traditions (especially in the college game) call for 'no-roof' seating but the flood of "why doesn't it have a roof" questions always return. It is fun to read the comments about both TCF and Target Field on that site. Plus, if you do look at any of the European soccer stadiums... sure enough... they DO all have coverings over their seating.

I registered and posted on that site a few times in the past. It is enjoyable, especially to see the European reaction to TCF and other US stadiums. They never seem to be able to understand why American stadiums don't put those big roofs over the seating sections. They NEVER get it. Someone usually posts to inform them how the climate (less rain than Europe) and traditions (especially in the college game) call for 'no-roof' seating but the flood of "why doesn't it have a roof" questions always return. It is fun to read the comments about both TCF and Target Field on that site. Plus, if you do look at any of the European soccer stadiums... sure enough... they DO all have coverings over their seating.

Great posts......Europeans are wimps. :D

Here is another similar thread but with a more local slant

http://www.minnescraper.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=112

Their message board forums cover urban developmental projects throughout the metropolitan area.

Warning: This thread is now 30 pages long and talks about the stadium from its inception all the way up to its current status, sans-alcohol and all. Blockski, a frequent poster on that thread and voice of reason to those who don't follow college athletics on that board, occasionally has posted here. I almost always agree with his take on things, regardless of the message board he posts on despite him being a Badger fan.

Second warning: If you can make it through the entire 30 pages you'll need patience as there a lot of egghead architect types that comment on the various stages of The Vault's development but in the end there is basically a universal thumbs-up to the stadium as a whole.

Top Bottom