at Syracuse 11:00 AM -- ESPN2

Goldmember

Reaction score
I know this is already on here. But does our team playing their season openener on national television not deserve its own thread?

The Doug Marrone era will kick off with a nationally televised game against Minnesota on ESPN2 in the Carrier Dome at 12:00 p.m. The Orange will celebrate Patriotic and Military Day in the home-opener against the Gophers.

The past few years I have had to listen to a number of games on the radio because they were not on a tv channel that comcast carries.

2008: Bowling Green (ESPN-U)
2007: Florida Atlantic (no tv; only ESPN 360)
2006: Minnesota at Kent State (no tv; only ESPN 360)
2005: all games were broadcast
2004: Indiana (no television broadcast whatsoever)

Looking at the media guide, it appears that the 2002 game at Wisconsin was not broadcast anywhere - WOW. I don't remember that.

While there may be something "nostalgic" about listening to games on the radio, I would MUCH rather see them all on tv.

I think it is great to have the Big Ten Network because not only do they pick up 4 games per Saturday, but they also free up some space for the ABC/ESPN family to show additional games.

Hopefully the Goal Line Club will organize a group viewing of the 2009 season opener (majors in Roseville is always a good spot).

Hopefully the Goal Line Club will organize a group viewing of the 2009 season opener (majors in Roseville is always a good spot).

We have access to one of the biggest screens in the country. Lets have a viewing party at The Bank. :D

Top Bottom