Bronco lays it on the line....

Reaction score
Will Gopher season ticket holders prostitute their Becky tickets for the all mighty dollar? If you go to stubhub right now there seems to be a healthy amount of tickets people are auctioning off between 135.00 to 575.00 for club seats As Winston Churchill said: " The final tribute is our own conscience".....

The All.. Ighty.. Ollar? Hahaha, I get it...

(Sorry, a Simpsons fan can't help but think of that when he reads it...).

I can say that my opinion is that 5-7k Badger fans will be there. They will not have my tickets.

Took a quick screenshot of the stadium seating chart that shows what is available (see below). Here are my baseless off the cuff opinions about what I saw:

Green Sections (upper corners):
The vast majority of these seats are in the high numbered rows (25 and above). This means that most/all of those seats are owned by folks on the wait list.

End Zone Sections/Lower Corner Open End:
These seats were some of the last to go off the board. That means that there is a good chance that many of the seats for sale in these sections are newer ticket holders or wait list follks.

Between the 20's:

It looks like these seats are being sold by opportunistic folks with a lot of Gopher Points. These are the folks that can't pass up making back all the donation $$$ they ponied up to get their seats.

GL's to 20's:
Folks with decent Gopher Points who want to pay for their season tickets by selling off one game.

Student Section:
These folks didn't get the memo or don't care about buying another U Card.

Attachments

• Stub Hub_6.24.09_9pm.jpg
    Stub Hub_6.24.09_9pm.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 40

Let's look at the whole picture. There are a lot of tickets available for all Gopher games. And if you look at all of Wisconsin's games, they too have a lot of tickets for sale. Conclusion, ticket brokers have bought season tickets for both the Gophers & badgers and have them for sale. You can't stop brokers from buying season tickets and selling them to whoever.

Let's look at the whole picture. There are a lot of tickets available for all Gopher games. And if you look at all of Wisconsin's games, they too have a lot of tickets for sale. Conclusion, ticket brokers have bought season tickets for both the Gophers & badgers and have them for sale. You can't stop brokers from buying season tickets and selling them to whoever.

I'm beginning to wonder just how many of the "wait list seats" were snapped up by brokers. Many of the sections that went off the board to wait list folks (101-103 for instance) have basically the same # of seats available regardless of the game. That screams broker owned seating to me.

Not really that big of a surprise I guess, but disappointing if true.

It was self-defeating for the ticket office to make-believe that the stadium was already sold out last fall, discouraging Gopher fans from getting on the waiting list. Savvy ticket brokers knew that wasn't the case.

Votary - exactly. I myself decided not to put myself on the wait list until April because the ticket office really made it seem like the stadium would be sold out from all season ticket holders from the previous year. I knew I would be able to get a student ticket, so I thought it wasn't worth it. But I am guessing many Badger and/or brokers put themselves on there because selling singles or pairs could be very profitable to them for openers and rivalry games.

Top Bottom