Iowa HS Football Coach Shot in School Weight Room

StPaulHawkeye

Reaction score
Ed Thomas was the coach at Applington-Parkersburg and was one of the most respected football coaches in the state. Four of his former players are currently in the NFL (3 attended Iowa and one UNI).
http://sports.espn.go.com/highschool/rise/football/news/story?id=4283443

Please keep his family, his players, and the community in your prayers, if you are so inclined.

From one football fan to a great community of football fans here on this site. In situations like this, it doesn't matter who you cheer for. Thanks,
St Paul Hawkeye

Real sorry to hear the result of this was death. Can't even comprehend...

My thoughts go out to this man's family and community.

Wow, that's horrible news! WTF is wrong with people?

Tragedy

Right you are, StPaulHawkeye! His family, players (past and present), and community are in our thoughts and prayers.

A tremendous coach that had the respect of his players, the coaching fraternity, community and state. He positively shaped many, many young boys to adulthood.

A true tragedy. The taking of his life is another blow that the Applington-Parkersburg community must endure, as they continue to recover from last year's horrendous tornado.

RIP Ed Thomas!

A tornado, now this.

Right you are, StPaulHawkeye! His family, players (past and present), and community are in our thoughts and prayers.

A tremendous coach that had the respect of his players, the coaching fraternity, community and state. He positively shaped many, many young boys to adulthood.

A true tragedy. The taking of his life is another blow that the Applington-Parkersburg community must endure, as they continue to recover from last year's horrendous tornado.

RIP Ed Thomas!

That's why Parkersburg sounded familar. I say a story on the news where the coach was interviewed about getting a field put together in time for High School football season.
This really sucks.
My thoughts go out to all effected by this.

I would like to extend my most sincere hopes and prayers to the entire community and to the Thomas family in particular. May you each find strength in one another during a time of such sadness.

Thanks to St.PaulHawkeye for giving us the heads up....a truly sad day for us all.

This was horrible news to read today. What else is left to shock us but news like this?

My thoughts go out to the Parkersburg area.

Top Bottom