Bostick

XMan

Reaction score
I guess I missed something lately. Where was Bostick today?

I guess I missed something lately. Where was Bostick today?

On the bench, most of the time. He'll get a lot of playing time to work out the kinks against lesser teams. Also, with Hoffarber out for who knows how long, we'll need his 3s. He'll get plenty of opportunities in the near future, I'm guessing.

He was there, but like most of his year so far, his defense wasn't. That's why he hasn't been playing.

The game today showed all the new guys that it's defense that Tubby loves and it's defense that gets you minutes. If Bostick ever plays at the next level anywhere he'll be thanking Tubby.

I followed the game on line (just the last 12 minutes) and they didn't list him since he must not have scored or had a foul. How many minutes did he see today?

I wonder if Tubby saw something early in practice when he over-signed this year's recruiting class. Maybe Busch will be paying tuition next year and someone else will be gone. Seriously, a 1/3 of the way into this season and Bostick and Carter project 10-12 in next year's rotation.

Where is Bostick's brother?

I don't think one injury will bump Carter from a starter to the third team.

I wonder if Tubby saw something early in practice when he over-signed this year's recruiting class. Maybe Busch will be paying tuition next year and someone else will be gone. Seriously, a 1/3 of the way into this season and Bostick and Carter project 10-12 in next year's rotation.

Where is Bostick's brother?

How do you figure that? Before Carter got injured, he had some really nice game (one game was outstanding) - you think he'll go from being a started to being the 12th man?

As for Bostick - he's still finding his groove, he had a good game last week, and I expect to see more of that from him in the future.

Obviously, we recruit JUCO's to have an immediate impact, but the transition sometime takes more than a handful of games. I'm not giving up on anyone, including the freshman, it's still very early.

You're right GL, it will take more time. Let's remember that we have a very deep bench, and for PC (once he is back and healthy) it'll take a few games... Mr Bostick will come around, but it may take a few games into the conference before he shows us that he understands Tubbys system. It's not fair to PC and to DB to expect them to be the 'team changers' at this point. Let's remember Bobby Jackson for a few minutes here......

I'm not down on them, but am looking at how deep we are now and will be next year at the 3/4 positions. There are only 80 minutes at those positions and Hoffarber, Johnson will get their 20+ minutes and Abu-Shamala is there and Iverson, Williams, and Sampson will get time at the 4 too. Next year Abu-Shamala and Williams will be gone, but White, Williams, and Mbwake will be added to the rotation at the 3/4.

Seems a step or two slow

Maybe just getting comfortable, or maybe a step or two slow. 24 days to Big 10...

Clearly White, Williams, and Mbakwe will start next year, just like Sampson, Joseph, and Bostick are currently starting.

Clearly White, Williams, and Mbakwe will start next year, just like Sampson, Joseph, and Bostick are currently starting.

The funny thing about it is Bostick and Joseph are the guys many posters were sure would be starting. But, there was no immediate need for them since the team has a glut of experienced guards. Carter, Iverson and Sampson were forced into early action because they were the only available big guys on the team. I don't look for Williams or White to take over immediately either. Not until Tubby is sure they are ready.

Now with Hoffarber hurt I look for Devoe and Devron to get more minutes. By the time Blake and Paul are healthy the whole team will be more ready for Big Ten play.

Remember Bobby jackson? Not so hot as a first year JC transfer, but a star as Senior. Never underestimate the ability of a player to transform their game as they become comfortable in a new system. Confusion just kills your confidence, aggressiveness and productivity. Give the new guys some slack here.

Agree with you 100% Honyocker. Everyone expects everyone to be the dynamic addition. We can only play 5 at a time, it is up to Tubby to determine which 5 are on the floor at a given time. Also, not every player has his best game every game. That is a fact of life. Keep up the good work Gophers.

Royce White could get 20+ minutes as a freshman if he can handle some minutes at the 4. He might be the most polished player on the roster on day one.

More polished than several Gophers who will have by then started upwards of 40 games at the college level?

Remember Bobby jackson? Not so hot as a first year JC transfer, but a star as Senior. Never underestimate the ability of a player to transform their game as they become comfortable in a new system. Confusion just kills your confidence, aggressiveness and productivity. Give the new guys some slack here.

Actually Haskins always said Jackson was his best player. But, Bobby had a foot injury and he had to learn to play with some pain. Haskins pushed him to get out there and play. When he finally did he was great.

Top Bottom