Selection Sunday...non-conference update!

tjgopher

Reaction score
SS...did you go to the Gopher basketball golf outing today at Ham Lake? I missed it, but I was told by someone who attended that Tubby announced the non-conference schedule. Of course, when I grilled my friend who was there, he couldn't remember many of the teams Tubby rattled off, but he did say that he remembered no BCS teams (outside of Anaheim and Miami, I assume). He told me he was generally disappointed with the teams Tubby mentioned. He remembered Tubby saying South Dakota State, maybe Morgan State, and possibly Utah Valley State (???). I asked him about St. Joe's and South Dakota State and he said Tubby definitely mentioned that they are on the schedule. I later checked your stuff and remembered you said Stephen F. Austin so I called him back and he told me he couldn't remember if Tubby said them or not. He was mad at himself because Tubby apparently rifled through them very fast and he could not remember them all. If you know anyone else who went, they could potentially fill in other blanks. Or, you could do some of your good investigation work.

He said the bigger news was Tubby said they've already signed deals to be going to Puerto Rico and Maui over the next few years!

Also, if an GH'ers were there, maybe you remember and can fill in SS so he can keep us updated.

SS...did you go to the Gopher basketball golf outing today at Ham Lake? I missed it, but I was told by someone who attended that Tubby announced the non-conference schedule. Of course, when I grilled my friend who was there, he couldn't remember many of the teams Tubby rattled off, but he did say that he remembered no BCS teams (outside of Anaheim and Miami, I assume). He told me he was generally disappointed with the teams Tubby mentioned. He remembered Tubby saying South Dakota State, maybe Morgan State, and possibly Utah Valley State (???). I asked him about St. Joe's and South Dakota State and he said Tubby definitely mentioned that they are on the schedule. I later checked your stuff and remembered you said Stephen F. Austin so I called him back and he told me he couldn't remember if Tubby said them or not. He was mad at himself because Tubby apparently rifled through them very fast and he could not remember them all. If you know anyone else who went, they could potentially fill in other blanks. Or, you could do some of your good investigation work.

He said the bigger news was Tubby said they've already signed deals to be going to Puerto Rico and Maui over the next few years!

Also, if an GH'ers were there, maybe you remember and can fill in SS so he can keep us updated.

well, then tell your buddy to have a few less gin & tonics at the clubhouse bar next time and maybe he will be able to remember the info for the rest of us! ;)

While it's not this season, Shooter has a tid-bit that we have one of our non-conference games lined up for next season already:

"This season, Wofford will play at Michigan State, which has Isaiah Dahlman, Noah's brother. The following season, Wofford will play the Gophers at Williams Arena."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_12676157

Go Gophers!!

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I've contacted Morgan State & Utah Valley State to see if they'll confirm the game(s) at Williams Arena. From your reports, sounds like the Gophers' home schedule won't be much different this season. Disappointing. Oh well, I guess Saint Joe's & NCAA qualifiers like Morgan State and (perhaps) Stephen F. Austin are going to be as good as it gets for the local folks.

If we play in Maui in a few years...I may have to start saving now. That would be a sweet trip.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I've contacted Morgan State & Utah Valley State to see if they'll confirm the game(s) at Williams Arena. From your reports, sounds like the Gophers' home schedule won't be much different this season. Disappointing. Oh well, I guess Saint Joe's & NCAA qualifiers like Morgan State and (perhaps) Stephen F. Austin are going to be as good as it gets for the local folks.

Great, I love tickets I cannot give away!

Top Bottom