NCAA Football 10

MKE_Gopher

Reaction score
With the new game coming out in a few weeks I wanted to know if anyone had heard that the Gophers will be playing in a generic outdoor stadium in this game and that TCF Bank will be in the game next year. Seems odd to me that they couldn't do it but the new Cowboys stadium will be in Madden this year and the Yankees and Mets ballparks were in The Show this year.

I'm not buying it unless our stadium is in the game.

Meh

I'm disappointed, but it won't change my decision to get the game. Then again, I've got every once since I begged my dad for College Football USA '95. Just get the game and enjoy the snowflakes against Iowa.

Seems odd to me that they couldn't do it but the new Cowboys stadium will be in Madden this year and the Yankees and Mets ballparks were in The Show this year.

MLB - 30 teams
NFL - 32 teams
NCAA (FBS and FCS) - Many more teams, stadiums, players, etc...

Not odd

You couldn't get away without having the new Dallas stadium in Madden or the New York baseball stadiums .... you can get away without having TCF Bank Stadium and not lose any revenue.

this doesn't add up.

MLB - 30 teams
NFL - 32 teams
NCAA (FBS and FCS) - Many more teams, stadiums, players, etc...

Not odd

More teams, yes, more players....not really, they don't specialize the players or grade them the same as they do for Madden. A lot of generic running backs in NCAA. Only two Stadiums are new for 2009. Very few stadiums were upgraded, for this year. EA had done a stadium revamp for most the major colleges a few years ago. In my eyes, it was a profit/laziness issue. Profit? how many less games are going to be sold this year beacuse they didn't do a new Gopher Stadium? just in this thread and the other one on this topic, it breaks about 50/50 between those not happy and those telling others to shut up and buy it anyways. Lazy? they could have easily done the new stadium, just as they did Yankee and Cowboys stadiums. The did those stadiums from the computer models, one existed for TCF, and they did not ask for it. They just did not put out the effort to keep the game current.

EA Sports has been slacking off for years. I love the NCAA franchise and buy it every year regardless but the lack of year to year improvement is blatantly obvious.

I was disappointed to hear that as well. I'll wait until the actual TCF is loaded before I buy another game.

The explaination I remember reading back in the spring was that it will not be in the game because they did not have enough accurate details to make it look as nice as it needed to be. They said they will make it look in the game almost identical as it is in person, but to do that they need to create scaled diagrams,etc. If I remember correctly they said either the stadium wasn;t far enough along when they needed to get those dimentions, back i would guess last winter because it takes a lot of time to get these things rendered, or the U wouldn;t give up the blueprints so they could create one from scratch.

Either way, it won't be in the game this year, but will look amaing in NCAA 2011

EA Sports has been slacking off for years. I love the NCAA franchise and buy it every year regardless but the lack of year to year improvement is blatantly obvious.

Why would they bother improving it if you're still buying it every year?

according to my friend

The explaination I remember reading back in the spring was that it will not be in the game because they did not have enough accurate details to make it look as nice as it needed to be. They said they will make it look in the game almost identical as it is in person, but to do that they need to create scaled diagrams,etc. If I remember correctly they said either the stadium wasn;t far enough along when they needed to get those dimentions, back i would guess last winter because it takes a lot of time to get these things rendered, or the U wouldn;t give up the blueprints so they could create one from scratch.

Either way, it won't be in the game this year, but will look amaing in NCAA 2011

Who subcontracts, that wasn't the case at all. No real attempt to do it was evern tried. They had scaled diagrams available, the same ones used to do the promo video, the scaled mock-ups and a model sent to the L.E.E.D. people.
the "U" was contractually obilgated to provide the blue prints to EA and did. EA did nothing with them. The stadium last winter was as far along by the deadline as Yankee Stadium and CoWboys stadiums. You can make all the excusses you want, Profit and or Laziness where the only factors involved.

Why would they bother improving it if you're still buying it every year?

Exactly. They've got me by the balls.

I wish EA Sports didn't have a monopoly on officially licensed college football games.

I stopped buying NCAA Football years ago. EA hasn't made a significant improvement to the franchise for half a decade. They're the only college football game in town and they know it.

EA=Fail

Exactly. They've got me by the balls.

I wish EA Sports didn't have a monopoly on officially licensed college football games.

No one's made a college football game besides EA long before they were given the license. I don't think the audience is there to split it in two, I'm guessing. But yeah, they've been a little lackluster on the new systems specifically. This year's game is pretty much a fixup of last year's game.

I would have bought the game if TCF Bank Stadium was in it. Since it isn't, I won't buy it. They have no way of "counting" people like me because I haven't bought NCAA football before. I used to only play sports games but when the on-line abilities got good enough, I started playing mostly first person shooters, just for the competition aspect. A part of me would still like to play the sports games and I would have sprung for NCAA football if it sported TCF. It doesn't... I won't.

As usual the best talking you can do is with your wallet. In one of the worst selling years for video games (2008) NCAA still sold more games then the year before.

They have figured out what features to improve on to continue to keep people buying the game, or to replace people who have stopped buying it. There will always be a subsection of people who will buy it, b/c it is a college football game.

The bottom line is that they are managing their development cycles to keep games being sold, people being employed, and future releases.

I am a yearly purchaser of NCAA due to the love I have for college football. I was really excited to play as the Gophers in the new stadium. Will I be upset. Heck yeah but I still will buy the game and play the game. I play in and also run a leagues online and enjoy the game. I prefer NCAA then Madden. But I will probably buy Madden as well. If anyone is interested in joining my NCAA league check it out at.

http://nnglleague.proboards.com

I am a yearly purchaser of NCAA due to the love I have for college football. I was really excited to play as the Gophers in the new stadium. Will I be upset. Heck yeah but I still will buy the game and play the game. I play in and also run a leagues online and enjoy the game. I prefer NCAA then Madden. But I will probably buy Madden as well. If anyone is interested in joining my NCAA league check it out at.

http://nnglleague.proboards.com

I'm thinking of buying 2010. I've haven't played Madden or NCAA in 6 years and I'm wondering if I will get destroyed in an online league. I also wonder how these leagues work in general. Is your league PS3 or Xbox?

Sorry if this should be obvious, but I know the OP mentioned a generic stadium....are they actually gonna have us in some generic outdoor stadium or will we still be in the Dome?

The funny thing is is that the Metrodome is one of the most detailed stadiums in the game because it is used in Madden as well. The Gophers will be playing in generic outdoor stadium with our field art on the field. They are the only BCS conference team that doesn't have a unique stadium in this years game. You would think that the renderings on the website, talks with representatives from the U and Populous they would have more than enough info to take a first swing at things.

I'm thinking of buying 2010. I've haven't played Madden or NCAA in 6 years and I'm wondering if I will get destroyed in an online league. I also wonder how these leagues work in general. Is your league PS3 or Xbox?

It is a PS3 league.

The funny thing is is that the Metrodome is one of the most detailed stadiums in the game because it is used in Madden as well. The Gophers will be playing in generic outdoor stadium with our field art on the field. They are the only BCS conference team that doesn't have a unique stadium in this years game. You would think that the renderings on the website, talks with representatives from the U and Populous they would have more than enough info to take a first swing at things.

That sucks. I guess now I see why people are saying they won't buy the game now. I don't know if I can handle playing 7 games a year in a generic stadium....

Is this all hear say or do we have an actual quote from EA Sports about this? Even though we are just U of Minnesota, I think they would have that info.

They really screwed us with the team rankings they gave us.

EA doesn't put that much effort into correctly simulating the teams, except for those most popular teams that most affect sales: Get Ohio State wrong, and you'll lose more sales than you would if you get Idaho wrong.

Maybe EA is going about this all wrong. Why should EA put all the effort into this themselves? There are plenty of fans who could evaluate rosters and create roster files that are more accurate than what EA would assemble. EA should lean on fans who would be eager to contribute.

That way, we could have all the stadiums, and all the teams at all levels. All it would take was some fans who wanted to create the files. Now that game systems have hard drives instead of those little cards, this should be possible.

I stopped buying NCAA Football years ago. EA hasn't made a significant improvement to the franchise for half a decade. They're the only college football game in town and they know it.

EA=Fail

Agreed. I won't call EA lazy, but they clearly don't care about upgrading this series anymore. I haven't bought NCAA in four years, and certainly won't be buying this year's, even though I just forked over $400 for a PS3 (a worthwhile investment simply to play The Show - now there's a company who "gets it") and am itching to play some college football on the console.

The biggest disappointment to me isn't that TCF isn't in the game - I understand the reasons why it isn't. A bigger failure is that we're how many years into the next-gen consoles, and there are still a dozen Division 1 stadiums missing that were in the last version I purchased on PS2 four years ago. That's some serious regression, and it's a shame that they've ruined my favorite video game.

is there any way if we sent enough emails they could make TCF available via DLC?? I would think it wouldn't be too tough.

is there any way if we sent enough emails they could make TCF available via DLC?? I would think it wouldn't be too tough.

Not going to happen. you will not see TCF Bank Stadium until NCAA 2011. there no way EA is making a patch just for TCF Bank Stadium. heck they never update stadiums threw a patch.

Looks pretty accurate!

eatcf.jpg

:rolleyes:

You'd think they coulda at least done a horseshoe type deal lol.

Top Bottom