Travis Busch

Maximus

Reaction score
Deserves EVERY minute he gets on the court.

3-3 field, 2-2 free, 8 points, five rebounds, 17 minutes

I completely agree - possibly THE most hustling player in D1 basketball. He's not a big offensive threat, but I have been thoroughly impressed by him this year.

Travis might not be the most athletic or tallest person at his position but boy does he lay it on the line with his hustle. He has a nice shot and will do anything asked of him, rebound, score, pass, take a charge. We are needing this kid at the moment and maybe even the rest of the season.

Where is the DUDE that a few days ago said that Busch does not belong on the floor? SOSDD.

In all of DI? Anyway.... He did exactly what he needs to do every game. Didn't take a bad shot, ran tall skinny dudes over, couldn't be happier with what he did today.

Could not agree more. Our group was talking about him quite a bit today - and even without the stat line he had today, he still makes am impact, he's still making plays happen, and all over the court. He does the dirty work, and that's not always reflected in stats.

Where is the DUDE that a few days ago said that Busch does not belong on the floor? SOSDD.

That's exactly what I was thinking during the game tonight. Busch is giving this team some great minutes. With the injuries we have had, he deserves a lot of credit for our 8-0 record.

The other side of this thing is - where is that 4th scholarship coming from next year. I can't see Busch losing his ride the way he is playing. A nice problem to have I guess.

Travis Busch is......

a basketball player! Whatever it takes. He just a 6-4 white forward trying to make it in the Big Ten, and so people say ..."How can he compete." He doesn't wait for an answer, he just does his job. He is so versitile, playing the 4, or chasing a point guard around on D like he was today, whatever is asked of him. I have so much respect for this kid. Is he a star? Cetrainly not, but he one hell of a teammate.

As I said watching summer ball I made note how hard Travis was working and I got toasted for him supposedly not being a D1 player?

He has shown exactly what we need him to do to help this team.

Keep it up Travis.

"Pedigree shows" says the Mounds View Cabal© ;)

Bear in mind he was 2005's Mr Basketball.

all of the above plus he's the hottest player on the team.

Travis looks like Teen Wolf. nowhere near as dreamy as Blake (or so someone's sign proclaimed a few games ago... loved that sign!)

I think this thread deserves resurrection in light of today's game. A great game by Busch today. He really came up big, made some big shots, grabbed some big rebounds. Just shows how far playing with non-stop hustle can get you.

I think this thread deserves resurrection in light of today's game. A great game by Busch today. He really came up big, made some big shots, grabbed some big rebounds. Just shows how far playing with non-stop hustle can get you.

Could not agree more - he was the MAN today. I think he continues to prove himself every game, and continues to improve. I LOVE me some Travis Busch.

Busch had a huge, game clinching rebound and 2 FTs today. Great job Travis!!!

We've got busch...we've got busch!!!!

Booger said it all...great game for Travis and Al.

Al Nolan - first round pick in two years.

Gophers fans weren't alone, when Travis first transfered back home, the coaching staff took one look at him and said you could walk on but don't expect much more than that. Even after the first scrimmage, they still had there doubts. Then they found out what people in Minnesota have known for years, the kid doesn't play pretty but he is a flat out player.

The best part about Travis is he is a die hard Gopher fan, everytime I saw him in high school, he always had on Gopher gear, had a big Gopher bag, and really he just wanted to be part of the team, all this playing well stuff is icing on the cake.

Why does everyone say he's not an offensive threat? He needs a little space, but he's a very good shooter, leaper, and he's strong at 6'4"....

Travis is a good spot up shooter and might get some put backs but he isn't a player that is going to create his own shot. His energy and hustle were key for us today. What a game!

Gophers fans weren't alone, when Travis first transfered back home, the coaching staff took one look at him and said you could walk on but don't expect much more than that. Even after the first scrimmage, they still had there doubts. Then they found out what people in Minnesota have known for years, the kid doesn't play pretty but he is a flat out player.

The best part about Travis is he is a die hard Gopher fan, everytime I saw him in high school, he always had on Gopher gear, had a big Gopher bag, and really he just wanted to be part of the team, all this playing well stuff is icing on the cake.

You might not W with 13 players like him. You need some bigger guys, some quicker guys, some more athletic guys.

But you need 2 or 3 guys like him, too.

Busch

I appreciate his hustle and his rebounding for his size but I hold my breath everytime he touches the ball on the offensive end. He needs to stay in control more often.

Really?

I appreciate his hustle and his rebounding for his size but I hold my breath everytime he touches the ball on the offensive end. He needs to stay in control more often.

Do you go into cardiac arrest when Jon Williams touches the ball?

I have no problem with Trav having the ball in his hands.

Busch can barely dribble. I trust him on a J, rebounding, on defense, throwing the ball in, but when he is trying to create his own shot his is no better than an intramural player.

I was wondering the exact same thing during the game. Travis was amazing today. I bet this would be what he picks as the game of his life so far at the U.

Not trying to knock the guy, we need his energy and hustle. I can see why everyone likes him so much.

Busch was great today including hitting some clutch free throws down the stretch. I was a bit skeptical of all the minutes he was getting early in the year but I'm sold now. He is an integral part of this team and I am glad he is having success.

Simply put: The guy has made himself into a quality college basketball player.

But most importantly, he absolutely kills himself everytime he's in the game, which is much more valuable than any stats he puts up. The guys seem to feed off his energy and that says a lot more about him as a player.

What Up Guy said:
Busch can barely dribble. ... when he is trying to create his own shot his is no better than an intramural player.
What Up Guy said:
Not trying to knock the guy ....
Geez, you've got a unique way of handing out compliments, I guess.
no.gif

Try again.

Top Bottom