Mike Tirico false comments

DeathClutch

Reaction score
I'm watching the Nebraska-Penn State game on ESPN and Tirico was talking about Ross Travis. He said something like, "Ross Travis was the highest rated prospect in the state of Minnesota in 2011, but chose to go to Penn State due to the uncertainty of the Minnesota program." HUH? Joe Coleman was the consensus highest rated prospect and we never offered Travis. Not to mention Penn State's program was and still is much more uncertain than ours. I guess it isn't a huge deal, but it irks me that these guys talk out their ass like this.

I'm watching the Nebraska-Penn State game on ESPN and Tirico was talking about Ross Travis. He said something like, "Ross Travis was the highest rated prospect in the state of Minnesota in 2011, but chose to go to Penn State due to the uncertainty of the Minnesota program." HUH? Joe Coleman was the consensus highest rated prospect and we never offered Travis. Not to mention Penn State's program was and still is much more uncertain than ours. I guess it isn't a huge deal, but it irks me that these guys talk out their ass like this.

Then GopherHole must really piss you off. :confused:

If you ask Jigga; he might say Zach Lofton was the best prospect int he state, followed by Ross Travis, then Coleman.

Ross is a rebounding force, knocked King around like he had 30lbs on him.

Then GopherHole must really piss you off. :confused:

Their is a difference when a guy who gets paid big bucks to broadcast on national tv says it rather than some random person on a message board.

If those three were the best in the state that year then it was really a down year

It's not like I was onto Ross Travis then, but he's a good looking player now. He does the things a 4 should do, and he makes a few jump shots.

It's not like I was onto Ross Travis then, but he's a good looking player now. He does the things a 4 should do, and he makes a few jump shots.

Having watched a lot of games in the South Suburban Conference (I know that Chaska and EP left his senior season), Ross Travis wasn't even the best player on his high school team. And Ross Travis does things a 4 should do? Seriously? He shots 25% from the foul line, 20% from the three point line and averaged a whopping 6 rebounds a game even though he plays primarily inside. Oh by the way, he averages half as many assists as Joey King. And yes, Joe Coleman was the biggest prospect in the state his senior year.

If those three were the best in the state that year then it was really a down year

I'm pretty sure Joe Coleman was a top 100 prospect. He didn't have a jump shot....so I thought he might struggle in the B1G.

Tirico - major media makes errors every day.

Ross Travis - very solid rebounder.

Nope

Having watched a lot of games in the South Suburban Conference (I know that Chaska and EP left his senior season), Ross Travis wasn't even the best player on his high school team. And Ross Travis does things a 4 should do? Seriously? He shots 25% from the foul line, 20% from the three point line and averaged a whopping 6 rebounds a game even though he plays primarily inside. Oh by the way, he averages half as many assists as Joey King. And yes, Joe Coleman was the biggest prospect in the state his senior year.

wow...he is really that bad...he does average 5 points a game in 24 minutes per game. That might be his only other somewhat positive stat. Too lazy to figure it out but he is close to leading the team in turnovers per minutes played too. So no, we didn't miss and he's not everything you want in a 4.
But it is cool a Minnesota guy is contributing and getting a chance to play D1.

wow...he is really that bad...he does average 5 points a game in 24 minutes per game. That might be his only other somewhat positive stat. Too lazy to figure it out but he is close to leading the team in turnovers per minutes played too. So no, we didn't miss and he's not everything you want in a 4.
But it is cool a Minnesota guy is contributing and getting a chance to play D1.

I'm not saying he was or is bad....Jake White was on his high school team and every time I saw him play (about 5 times) I thought he was better than Travis. And that was because White was really good!!!! I only talked about it because people like to rip Joey King all the time on here. I understand that being a good high school player doesn't always translate to being a good college player, but Joey King and Jake White were both much better high school players than Ross Travis. I was actually pretty surprised when I heard he signed to play basketball with a B1G team. Travis has actually been a pretty good player and I would love him on the Gophers....he would fill a role. I just get sick of the constant ripping of Joey King.....they guy works incredibly hard....and is on our team....support him. And I've said that all year....not just after last nights game.

ethomasp31;1035756...and is on our team....support him.[/QUOTE said:
Wow, I can't believe you actually made that statement, glad to see your iconoclastic mindset hit the pause button. What next, are you going to root for the Americans next year at Hazeltine?

Wow, I can't believe you actually made that statement, glad to see your iconoclastic mindset hit the pause button. What next, are you going to root for the Americans next year at Hazeltine?

I like Clark a lot more than Love....go Europe!!!!

Actually I'll cheer for Rory...against Poulter....probably for Tiger if he gets picked (he probably won't)...I just hope it's a good match and I hope it's close coming down to the last match and putt. I don't really care who wins, it's golf, not war. I also hope I get drawn in the lottery for tickets.

etp31 - Any chance you can ever make the same statement about Carlos Morris that you did about Joey King? That would really get my (Gopher) head spinning!

Top Bottom