2-6

Some guy

Reaction score
Against the bottom half of the league.

On the plus side 4-6 against the top half of the league.

Against the bottom half of the league.

On the plus side 4-6 against the top half of the league.

Proof that we really can beat anyone...or lose to anyone on any given day. We're really not good at playing our game, we play down to opponents.

We're really not good at playing our game, we play down to opponents.

Since we finished with the same conference record as Northwestern, did they also play down to their opponents? I think we're a legitimate 6-12 Big Ten team just like Northwestern. Northwestern beat some good teams and lost to some lower teams as well. Penn State also lost multiple close games. You are what you do. I don't think we're a 9-9 team masquerading as a 6-12 team.

Since we finished with the same conference record as Northwestern, did they also play down to their opponents? I think we're a legitimate 6-12 Big Ten team just like Northwestern. Northwestern beat some good teams and lost to some lower teams as well. Penn State also lost multiple close games. You are what you do. I don't think we're a 9-9 team masquerading as a 6-12 team.

I guess I still want to think we're not a bottom feeder...but our record shows differently :(.

The correct numbers

3-5 vs. bottom half. Wins over Illinois, Nebraska, and Rutgers.

3-7 vs. top half. Wins over Michigan State, Purdue, and Iowa.

Bottom line here is the team isn't good, no matter how you tally numbers. They're not good against the top, the middle or the bottom.

Unfortunately first time ever losing to Northwestern and Penn State at home in the same season.

Unbalanced schedule though, so the stat is deceiving.

3-5 vs. bottom half. Wins over Illinois, Nebraska, and Rutgers.

3-7 vs. top half. Wins over Michigan State, Purdue, and Iowa.

My app just listed indiana and Illinois in alpha order I guess.
Thanks for clarifying.

Top Bottom