Bubblicious Monday: Texas has yet another quality-win opportunity vs. #9 Baylor

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Sunday Review
#34 Oregon wins @ #56 Stanford -- Ducks will earn "lock" status if they win Wednesday in Corvallis. Cardinal now in a world of hurt with Arizona road swing coming up.

#36 Ohio State beats #57 Purdue -- Buckeyes needed this one more than people think. Boilers still close to the bubble, but they can change that with a win Thursday in East Lansing.

#49 Pitt lost @ Wake Forest -- Panthers were already on thin ice, and now it becomes mandatory they sweep the Florida schools (Miami/home, FSU/road) in final week of regular season to have legit at-large hopes heading to ACC tourney.

#52 UCLA beats Washington State -- Even if they beat USC in season finale, Bruins will have work to do in Pac 12 Tournament.

Monday on the Bubble
Baylor @ #46 Texas, 6 (ESPNU)

Gophers Daily RPI Report -- added a top-50 win over the weekend (Iowa)
Friday: 78
Today: 76 (3-7 vs. RPI top 50; 5-9 vs. RPI top 100; #62 overall SOS; #203 non-conference SOS)

Sunday Review
#34 Oregon wins @ #56 Stanford -- Ducks will earn "lock" status if they win Wednesday in Corvallis. Cardinal now in a world of hurt with Arizona road swing coming up.

#36 Ohio State beats #57 Purdue -- Buckeyes needed this one more than people think. Boilers still close to the bubble, but they can change that with a win Thursday in East Lansing.

#49 Pitt lost @ Wake Forest -- Panthers were already on thin ice, and now it becomes mandatory they sweep the Florida schools (Miami/home, FSU/road) in final week of regular season to have legit at-large hopes heading to ACC tourney.

#52 UCLA beats Washington State -- Even if they beat USC in season finale, Bruins will have work to do in Pac 12 Tournament.

Monday on the Bubble
Baylor @ #46 Texas, 6 (ESPNU)

Gophers Daily RPI Report -- added a top-50 win over the weekend (Iowa)
Friday: 78
Today: 76 (3-7 vs. RPI top 50; 5-9 vs. RPI top 100; #62 overall SOS; #203 non-conference SOS)

Nice to see Stanford struggle. My bitterness at not having Reid in a Gopher uniform grows as I think of how valuable he would have been on the boards this year. Go Arizona and ASU.

Kiss of death for NCAA pools, but I have seen Baylor play twice and they looked really good. Limited sample size could do me in. It has heppened before.

Unless there's an automatic bid in the offing for Stanford and UNLV, it looks like only 2 of the "Big 3 (+1)" will play in the NCAA tourney this season, Tyus and Macura, though Xavier probably needs one more win to seal the deal.

Top Bottom