Halftime 28-40 Cornell

cncmin

Reaction score
My observations so far:

1. Williams needs to see time against a lesser team, not Cornell. He's not helping the team right now in any fashion. Get Iverson back in there, he can't have played more than 6-7 minutes, and played pretty well when he did.

2. Cornell plays very good fundamental basketball. They have 3 turnovers, we have 10.

3. If we are NOT able to create turnovers against these guys, then why are we still playing pressure D instead of straight-up D? (!!??!!!*%!@)

4. Cornell is too good to be experimenting against. Tubby needs to treat this game like he did Virginia - keep his best 5 out there more often.

5. Cornell is undersized and is less athletic, but playing very smart. They are making plays. We are nervous and playing awfully on both ends of the court.

6. Some questionable reffing so far in the first half may have been a big part to the start and the continue of the big Cornell run to end the half. We've been hit by a lot of offensive foul calls; hard to tell if they were that deserved.

7. Cornell is playing like they have nothing to lose - loose and comfortable. We are tight as a ratchet. We don't look quite as bad as Purdue the other day against Duke, but getting there.

8. Still time to come back, but I'm losing faith in this one. It's too late for Tubby to simply put in his best 5 to win the game, their nerves are too high. Someone is going to need to step up big and carry the rest of the team along with him, or it's over.

Tubby must have gotten the hint:
Second half starters:
Nolen, Hoffarber, DJ, Iverson, and Abu-Shamala. Came out in full-court pressure. But, Cornell is too smart. Iverson called for a terribly cheap foul - his third - refs still making sure we can't come back. I assume these refs are from Wisconsin.

But apparently they don't like Cornell's one black guy (Dale), he just got called for a terrible foul himself, now his fourth.

This sounds really bad. I'm not sure if these refs have ever reffed a game. With Iverson in foul trouble and Blake hurt and the refs being awful i'm not sure how we will be able to overcome this defecit.

This sounds really bad. I'm not sure if these refs have ever reffed a game. With Iverson in foul trouble and Blake hurt and the refs being awful i'm not sure how we will be able to overcome this defecit.

Since Hoffarber's injury, the Gopher players have responded in anger-like fashion. They are fired up right now, and the game is down to 44-46. The refs are bad both ways, it seems like; I might be wrong but I swear that Cornell's starting center has either 4 or 5 fouls now.

Foote has 4. That's why he's not playing right now.

Tied again finally. Any yes, their starting C and one of the G both have 4 fouls. Don't know if they have a lot of depth or not.

Wow since my last post the gophers have absolutely been amazing and are on a tear. Hopefully we can keep rolling and pull away even more.

Top Bottom