STrib: King shot fake has elicited a run of emotions from Minnesota fans

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Amelia:

"I used to just shot-fake for no reason and now I'm starting to make the right plays off of it," King said. "It's not a matter of how many can I get up in a game, it comes down to making smart decisions every time I do use it."

That sentiment reached a fever pitch last night when King used two fakes from beyond the perimeter to draw Michigan State fouls. He made eight trips to the line in all, and those ensuing eight makes were critical in the Gophers' 96-90 victory, particularly the pair of three-point plays he converted, the last coming with 14 seconds left in regulation and pulling Minnesota within two points.

Without King's huge shots from the stripe, the Gophers potentially don't win that game.

"It's just something I've been working on in practice recently," King said. "For a while I wasn't confident enough to do it in the games because I hadn't pump-faked and jumped into people previously in my career. It's something I worked on in practice and finally mustered up the confidence to do it a couple of times."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/294367251.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

I read Amelia's post game ramblings and this schtick on King. I'm convinced she has some form of blackmail happening at the Strib in order to keep her employed.

I'd personally vote for Nadine to take her place in a heartbeat.

After a big win against MSU and all she can produce is a comment about King's shot fake choices....Uggh.

Top Bottom