Gophers' RPI (real time) goes from 92 to 78

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
If they beat Wisconsin, probably dips into the mid-60s. Follow that with a win over Penn State heading to Chicago?

Just sayin'.

Hah that lose vs Northwestern Last Week really hurts now. Could've had a chance to finish conference at 9-9.

If they beat Wisconsin, probably dips into the mid-60s. Follow that with a win over Penn State heading to Chicago?

Just sayin'.

All we need to do is win 5 of our next 6 games. :)

it can be done in a very down Big 10. by that i mean only one great team, only 2 or 3 terrible teams and then the rest are good (Maryland) maybe ohio State and no one else impressive. Illinois and Purdue might make the tourney and they are not very good at all.

Rutgers & Nebraska only B1G teams that totally suck

What I've finally figured out is 3-12 on a neutral court there's not a whole lot of difference. Wis-Md the best 2, Rutgers and Nebraska suck, and all the rest one could beat the other on a given night, and I include NW & Penn State in that bunch. Chicago has a chance to get really wild in a couple weeks.

Great win, glad to see us with the NIT spot solidly in hand, and hopefully still alive to play for a miracle (short of needing to win the BTT).

2-6 against the top 50, 5-9 against the top 100 kills minnesota unless they win the Conference Tourney.

Just sayin'.

Dude. That's just like saying that many of the previous NIT's winners have gone on the NCAA the following year and history is on the Gophers side, which, well, I think it is. :)

Need to win the tourney boys. You can slice and dice it anyway you want, but they're NIT bound unless the Miracle on 34th St. occurs.

What I've finally figured out is 3-12 on a neutral court there's not a whole lot of difference. Wis-Md the best 2, Rutgers and Nebraska suck, and all the rest one could beat the other on a given night, and I include NW & Penn State in that bunch. Chicago has a chance to get really wild in a couple weeks.

Nebraska has totally mailed it in for the year a few games back. They just chuck up bad 3's now like crazy.

lots of ifs, but don't think a btt win is needed
win the last two home games
win 3 in the btt (lose in the championship game)
and our rpi should be in the low 40s (using rpiwizard)

lots of ifs, but don't think a btt win is needed
win the last two home games
win 3 in the btt (lose in the championship game)
and our rpi should be in the low 40s (using rpiwizard)

Yep. I don't think the math has changed. 10 total B1G wins = on the bubble. 11 = in. Currently that means beat advancing to the semi's for a chance and the finals for a lock.

We do not need to win the BTT. We win out and go 8-10 in conference play and win 2 games in the BTT depending what teams they are we could possibly be in. Our RPI according to projections if we finish 8-10 and win 2 games in BTT which would include a Quarterfinal win over at least the #2 or #1 big ten team knowing that our seed would be 9 or 10 in the BTT, we would have an RPI between 45-50 with a SOS of about 40. That would be bubble and possibly in because we would technically have a total of 10 big ten wins but the question is would we need to win the Semi-final game to maintain an RPI in the top 50 to remain in the tourney bubble. We will have to see if we even make it to the Semis in the BTT.

We do not need to win the BTT. We win out and go 8-10 in conference play and win 2 games in the BTT depending what teams they are we could possibly be in. Our RPI according to projections if we finish 8-10 and win 2 games in BTT which would include a Quarterfinal win over at least the #2 or #1 big ten team knowing that our seed would be 9 or 10 in the BTT, we would have an RPI between 45-50 with a SOS of about 40. That would be bubble and possibly in because we would technically have a total of 10 big ten wins but the question is would we need to win the Semi-final game to maintain an RPI in the top 50 to remain in the tourney bubble. We will have to see if we even make it to the Semis in the BTT.

We must win 5 of the next 6. One way gets us in automatic- the other would put us on the bubble and still wobbly.

We must win 5 of the next 6. One way gets us in automatic- the other would put us on the bubble and still wobbly.

Or it gets us to the NIT Final Four again....

What about Wisconsin and Penn State? I was assuming wins there, loss in BTT, 3 NIT wins.

Right you are. I guess I was looking too far ahead.

Actually, though, I think if we did manage to win both of those end-of-season games, we would have a good chance of getting the #9 seed and winning our first game in the BTT. If Minnesota won both of those, there is a decent shot that Minnesota, Michigan, and Illinois would all have 8-10 conference records. Under the tie breaking procedure described by Selection Sunday the other day, the head to head between those three teams would look like this:

Michigan, 2-1
Minnesota, 1-1
Ilinois, 1-2

That would give Minnesota the #9 seed with a very winnable game against #8 Michigan. Of course, a not very winnable game with Wisconsin would follow.

Right you are. I guess I was looking too far ahead.

Actually, though, I think if we did manage to win both of those end-of-season games, we would have a good chance of getting the #9 seed and winning our first game in the BTT. If Minnesota won both of those, there is a decent shot that Minnesota, Michigan, and Illinois would all have 8-10 conference records. Under the tie breaking procedure described by Selection Sunday the other day, the head to head between those three teams would look like this:

Michigan, 2-1
Minnesota, 1-1
Ilinois, 1-2

That would give Minnesota the #9 seed with a very winnable game against #8 Michigan. Of course, a not very winnable game with Wisconsin would follow.

Illinois already has 7 wins and it beating NW by 24. They also play Nebraska later. They will go at least 9-9. I'd rather have the 10 seed anyway (assuming Wiscy is #1 and Maryland is #2.)

Illinois already has 7 wins and it beating NW by 24. They also play Nebraska later. They will go at least 9-9. I'd rather have the 10 seed anyway (assuming Wiscy is #1 and Maryland is #2.)

If we go 8-10, WI only has to lose one other game to get knocked out of the 1 seed. Honestly that may be the ideal scenario (us at 8/9 and WI dropping to 2)

At this point, I just want to beat the cheesedicks at the Barn and screw them out of any chance at a #1 seed. Buck Fo Ryan!

At this point, I just want to beat the cheesedicks at the Barn and screw them out of any chance at a #1 seed. Buck Fo Ryan!

Beating the vadgers would be the highlight of the season no matter what! unless... we make the final four some how.

Top Bottom