The Barnyard needs to do this - Maryland Flash Mob for Badger game

GopherLady

Reaction score
I don't even know how much work and coordination went into doing this, but it's awesome. I hope The Barnyard really brings it for the Badgers game!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...um=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

<div class='snappytv-embed' style='position:relative;padding-top:56.25%;padding-bottom:37px;'><iframe src='http://www.snappytv.com/tc/491834' width='100%' height='100%' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' style='position:absolute;top:0;' webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe></div>

We just don't have the following to do that...It seems like students don't even want to be a part of the barnyard anymore. I thoroughly don't understand mn people and their lack of support for our only major D1 college....

I'm stating the obvious here, but we can't get on board with a silly black-out because they aren't the right school colors, much less a coordinated effort like this from our students. We prefer putting on random NBA jerseys.

The "F*** Bo Ryan" chant was the pinnacle of our fan base's collective creativity.

I'm stating the obvious here, but we can't get on board with a silly black-out because they aren't the right school colors, much less a coordinated effort like this from our students. We prefer putting on random NBA jerseys.

Not getting on board with the blackout because of the school colors is just one of the many ridiculous things we see around here.

Ha! I thought the same thing when I watched the video!

Maryland built that support up over many years of success. Gophers have been mediocre most of their basketball history. It can change but it all starts with getting fortunate hire the right AD who then hires the right coach.

Maryland built that support up over many years of success. Gophers have been mediocre most of their basketball history. It can change but it all starts with getting fortunate hire the right AD who then hires the right coach.

What's Wisconsin's excuse for having such sterile, quiet support? Kohl Center has an awful atmosphere.

Great question. As they were building the program the fans were far more rabid. after nearly 20 years of winning,especially at home, it is pretty quiet at Kohl. Other programs like Kansas, Duke and MSU have maintained that special event atmosphere. UVA has quickly built a crazy home environment. Of course they are wild about being 33-3 in their last 36 ACC games home or away. Bennett has the fan base crazy for precision offense and suffocating defense. When you see defense like that in person it is awesome. Still, i can not answer your question about UW. somehow spoiled ? They have put the students at one end, just like Minnesota . Most of the crazy environments have the students on the sides and seem to have closer to 5000 students then 2500. The first part is winning and winning big. Not 6th place in the conference but 1st,2nd and NCAA nearly every year. Not sure how you get your long time season ticket holders to move. Maybe winning ?

The Barnyard has no shot at being able to do this. I hate to be critical of college students, but our student section is one of the least creative I have ever seen at the major college level. They do get loud at big games which is great, but this is a student section that thinks "left, right, left, right" and "Bulls shirt" are creative cheers. This is not aimed at a single person as I know the leadership of the student section changes, so it is more symptomatic of most of these guys not traveling to different places. Obviously if we won more we'd get more students, but I'm not convinced it would be any more creative.

Top Bottom