Tom Izzo describes Gophers as "scary" cites Hollins/Walker duo, close games this year

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Tom Izzo describes Gophers as "scary" cites Hollins/Walker duo, close games this year

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

MSU is another team (like Indiana) the Gophers better not try to run with or they'll get their doors blown off. We don't want to see wide-open looks in transition by Trice, Forbes, and Valentine, and we certainly don't want Branden Dawson free-wheeling it to the basket. Somebody better put a body on Dawson or it's going to be a long night. Pretty sure Pitino is smart enough to realize those things.

Sparty can be had in a half-court game. They've had a lot of ugly moments when teams have forced them to run half-court offense. Best chance to win tomorrow night is if Gophers turn it into a grinder. It also would help if Izzo continues to play Alvin Ellis for 5-6 minutes per game. Ellis has lost all his confidence, and he's been a detriment to Sparty pretty much every time he takes the floor.

Tum Tum has been playing really, really well. He gets them playing at a much quicker pace. Sparty started kicking it into gear when Izzo inserted him into the starting lineup.

Scary to whom? An opponent or Gopher fans?

Scary because we are close to beating 90% of our opponents and yet, because of our failures, a loss to MN would really hurt MSU.

Scary because we are close to beating 90% of our opponents and yet, because of our failures, a loss to MN would really hurt MSU.

Maybe freaky is another word. This team is freaky, which is why it would not surprise me one iota to see them knock off the Badgers.

If the gophers finish 8-10 in conference and make the conference final I think they still make the tourney without the auto bid.

Scary meaning you don't know what to expect,if they get it going early can/will make it tough on almost anybody.

I like Izzo, but he's a bit like Pat (Tim Brewster is a great coach) Fitzgerald when it comes to blowing smoke up the other coach's rear end.

If the gophers finish 8-10 in conference and make the conference final I think they still make the tourney without the auto bid.

Pipe dreams. Gophers will have to win out in the B1G tourney to get into the dance. Say hello to the NIT or less...

I wouldn't overthink this quote. We are coming close to tournament time, and everyone needs to make there case. Izzo is just trying to sandbag so that whatever happens, it either makes MSU's win look better or MSU's loss look more forgivable. I don't envision him spending the night in cold sweats fearing a home game against a losing Minnesota squad.

. ... I don't envision Izzo spending the night in cold sweats fearing a home game against a losing Minnesota squad.

Respectfully, take a good look at Izzo when the camera pans in on him right before the start of every game. Every single time time the guy looks like he's in serious pain. Dude looks like he's having no fun at all. A guy like him didn't get to where he is by not sweating out every last detail and giving proper respect to all his opponents, whether it's Wisconsin, Ohio State, Minnesota, Northwestern, or Rutgers.

Everybody fears the Gophers. We do and they do.

Respectfully, take a good look at Izzo when the camera pans in on him right before the start of every game. Every single time time the guy looks like he's in serious pain. Dude looks like he's having no fun at all. A guy like him didn't get to where he is by not sweating out every last detail and giving proper respect to all his opponents, whether it's Wisconsin, Ohio State, Minnesota, Northwestern, or Rutgers.

Ah, he's just keeping Judd's legacy alive.

Top Bottom