Sam Ekstrom: The Past, The Present And The Future Of Andre Hollins

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Ekstrom:

Hollins no longer appears in any mock drafts and will probably have to go the route of his former teammates. Trevor Mbakwe – another once-highly-projected prospect -- plays professionally in Europe, while Rodney Williams belongs to Oklahoma City’s D-League team.

“I think [Andre] can play for money certainly,” said Pitino. “I think he brings a lot to the table. I think he’s starting to show he’s playing with better motor offensively lately than he was early. I think he’s shown defensively that he can do a lot of things. I think he’s a great kid and a great leader, and he’s got high character. He’ll certainly be able to play for money.”

After torching Illinois for 28 points on 10-of-15 shooting, Hollins received ample praise from Illini coach John Groce about his shooting ability. If Hollins is to be a pro, it will be because of his long-range shooting touch. The senior is 39.2 percent for his career from beyond the arc.

“I think because he can make tough ones off the catch and bounce is what makes him special,” said Groce. “There's a lot of shooters who can make them in catch-and-shoot situations where they're stationary. He can make them in a dead sprint off a screen, he can make them off the bounce. … I told him after the game, I don't know how many times we'll maybe play them again, but in case we didn't, I respect him, and I've enjoyed competing against him.”

http://www.105theticket.com/common/...The+Future+Of+Andre+Hollins&id=9782&is_corp=0

Go Gophers!!

Hollins has, at minimum, five games remaining in his collegiate career: three regular season games, one Big Ten tournament game and some kind of postseason game, whether it is NIT or CBI.

A minimum of five more games are certainly not promised. LIES!

Top Bottom