Dupree Mcbrayer named to NPSI All-Tournament Team

DeathClutch

Reaction score
NPSI= National Prep School Invitational

Other players named to the team:

Thon Maker-Top recruit for 2016, may reclassify to 2015.
Jamal Murray-19th overall recruit in 2016 according to Rivals.
Steven Enoch-UConn recruit is rated 60th overall in 2015.
Mike Watkins-Headed to Penn State, rated 86 overall recruit in 2015 by ESPN.
Aaron Falzon-Northwestern recruit 78th overall in 2015 according to ESPN.
Jaquan Lyle-Ohio State recruit rated 24th overall by Rivals.

That's some pretty good company.

Did not realize JaQuan Lyle ended up at Ohio State, that's at least the third school he has committed to. He committed then decommitted from Louisville, then went to Oregon, but was removed from the roster before ever playing a game for some reason. Sounds like Tom Crean might have offered him as an eighth grader.

@GophersNow: Big sleeper“@GopherHole: Future #Gophers G Dupree McBrayer (@InPree_WeTrust) was named to National Prep School Invitational Tournament Team"

@RyanJamesMN: @GophersNow @GopherHole @InPree_WeTrust After watching him in Vegas, I can't call him a sleeper. My expectations are too high

Man I hope he can pack on some muscle, step in right away and be a shooter for us next year!

Next year's backcourt will be young - but talented!

Next year's backcourt will be young - but talented!

Most excited I've been about a young team since Tubby signed Rodney, Trevor, and Royce.

PG - Dorsey / Johnson
SG - Mason / McBrayer

Imagine that back court in 2-3 years. :D

Marcus said on twitter that McBrayer is 6'5" now. Not sure if that's rumor or confirmed fact, but it would be great considering our relative lack of size on the wing this year.

Here's the link to the all-tourney team, which says he is 6'2" (clearly outdated info).

Marcus said on twitter that McBrayer is 6'5" now. Not sure if that's rumor or confirmed fact, but it would be great considering our relative lack of size on the wing this year.

Here's the link to the all-tourney team, which says he is 6'2" (clearly outdated info).

He said his doctor told him he'd likely grow to 6'6 or 6'7 so I believe it.

ETA: He's also a very lanky kid in his highlight videos, seems like he's still growing.

NPSI= National Prep School Invitational

Other players named to the team:

Thon Maker-Top recruit for 2016, may reclassify to 2015.
Jamal Murray-19th overall recruit in 2016 according to Rivals.
Steven Enoch-UConn recruit is rated 60th overall in 2015.
Mike Watkins-Headed to Penn State, rated 86 overall recruit in 2015 by ESPN.
Aaron Falzon-Northwestern recruit 78th overall in 2015 according to ESPN.
Jaquan Lyle-Ohio State recruit rated 24th overall by Rivals.

That's some pretty good company.

It is good company, but it looks like his prep played only two games there so the sample size is small. I'll be cautiously optimistic but I don't want to get my hopes up too much for any one player.

Top Bottom