Teague: Fundraising 'way ahead of schedule'; Regents approve $15 million for design

Golden_Sloth

Reaction score
Gophers Athletics Director Norwood Teague said Thursday that fundraising for the $150 million athletics facilities project is “way ahead of schedule,” noting that $70 million has been raised in about 10 months.

Teague gave an update before the Board of Regents Facilities and Operations Committee approved using $15 million of the money already raised for schematic design.

“I feel very good about the pace that we’re on,” Teague said after the meeting. “Our fundraising is way ahead of schedule. I am thrilled with the money we’ve brought in thus far, and I’m thrilled with the prospects of our timeline.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/291709091.html

You're getting slow, Bleed ;)

The countdown is referring to someone I expect to chime in any second.

Well, SS, I'm assuming it's not me. Norwood does seem like he could play a used car salesman in a movie and not really have to act, but this is good to hear. The bureaucracy and the politics at the U can be mind-boggling; but these are people who do have a plan that is a hell of a lot better than someone who who can't seem to achieve success running a BB blog, yet doesn't hesitate to play a medical, legal, administrative, and financial expert on GH. Rather poorly, I might add.

BTW, $70M isn't accurate and 10 months is beyond silly talk.

At any rate, hope they change plans and get some things done sooner than later.

BTW, $70M isn't accurate and 10 months is beyond silly talk.

At any rate, hope they change plans and get some things done sooner than later.

If this is "beyond silly talk" what according to you is accurate?

Top Bottom