Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Tyler Kohl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other: List

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

DeathClutch

Reaction score
Who'll be the next player to commit to the Gophers?

Ellison
Hopefully either Russo or Boucher
Anyone think we would take both Woodard and Ellison with hurt in the fold and Coffey being the top recruit target in 16.

Is the staff even interested in Johnny Woodard? I googled "Johnny Woodard gophers" and all I got was some stuff from 2011 about Tubby's staff being kind of interested at one point, but I don't think they offered him a scholarship.

Didn't someone say that Ellison was looking to play with a high school teammate? If that's true then I don't think he will come here since we aren't after his teammate

Didn't someone say that Ellison was looking to play with a high school teammate? If that's true then I don't think he will come here since we aren't after his teammate

Did not here that. Is that true?

Is the staff even interested in Johnny Woodard? I googled "Johnny Woodard gophers" and all I got was some stuff from 2011 about Tubby's staff being kind of interested at one point, but I don't think they offered him a scholarship.

Someone from the staff was supposed to watch him play this week according to Ryan James. Mizzou and St Johns were the other teams that were supposed to check him out as well.

I believe there was an article where he said it would be cool to play together in college or something like that. It really didn't sound like a package deal for sure to me at all but more just if it happens it happens and it would be cool.

It sounds like it is more just initial interest right now and not much more than that at this point.

I went with Boucher but it's definitely tough to predict right now. Ellison is the #1 target IMO but it seems like he'll take his time and I'd be kind of surprised if we get him. Walton is the only other guy with a Minnesota offer but grades are an issue for him. Should be an interesting next few months.

Someone we have never heard of: his name is John Smith.

I think it will either be Ellison or Gregory, who are also the two that I think would help most. They seem to be going after small forwards pretty hard.

Personally, I am a little worried about Ellison/Gregory and just in general how the Gophers use these open scholarships. I've seen/read enough of Ellison to say that I'd really like him to be a Gopher. I can't say the same about Gregory (yet), but the fact that Maryland is also recruiting him makes me assume that he would be a good get. What concerns me is that as these guys wait longer to commit anywhere, more schools will develop openings and suddenly start recruiting them. Both of these guys are in the top 5 remaining at their positions (per Daniels) and it only takes one call from a Duke/UNC/Arizona for the Gophers to go from having a really good shot at a kid to becoming a big underdog. The bottom line is that it would be great to get a commitment from one of these guys before the transfer market/silly season begins and the demand for the dwindling supply of available talent gets that much greater.

Top Bottom