Sophomore guard Jaren Sina leaving Seton Hall: Destination Evanston?

Let the transfer season begin. Let's just hope we don't see any Gophers pop up on that list.

As a disclaimer, we don't need any more combo guards. Kevin Dorsey, Jarvis Johnson, Dupree McBrayer, and Nate Mason will do just fine in that role.

But if the staff is interested in Sina, they probably have an in on him. I'm guessing Dan McHale helped recruit him to Seton Hall.

As a disclaimer, we don't need any more combo guards. Kevin Dorsey, Jarvis Johnson, Dupree McBrayer, and Nate Mason will do just fine in that role.

But if the staff is interested in Sina, they probably have an in on him. I'm guessing Dan McHale helped recruit him to Seton Hall.

I personally would love to have a veteran guard to put into that mix. I do not feel we will fare very well with our eldest guard having one season under his belt next year. Would prefer it to be a Senior transfer if at all possible so it would be a one and done type scenario. Bbut if we go into next year with Dorsey, Johnson, McBrayer, Mason and Morris manning the 1-3 positions we will be in no better shape depth wise than we are today.

Wait, I thought Jaren Sina was a WWE guy...?

Speculation is that a couple of the Seton Hall freshmen (including Isaiah Whitehead) are more interested in their individual stats than winning basketball games. Sounds a lot like the Rashad Vaughn situation at UNLV.

Unless you're a Kentucky, Duke, or Kansas, that's the price schools like a Seton Hall (or a Minnesota) might pay when they somehow land a top-shelf recruit like Whitehead. Somehow I think players like that don't get away with that crap playing for John Calipari, Coach Alphabet, or Bill Self. A few more options at their disposal than Kevin Willard has at Seton Hall. Tough spot for the Pirates coach, who is under serious pressure to win now.

Speculation is that a couple of the Seton Hall freshmen (including Isaiah Whitehead) are more interested in their individual stats than winning basketball games. Sounds a lot like the Rashad Vaughn situation at UNLV.

Unless you're a Kentucky, Duke, or Kansas, that's the price schools like a Seton Hall (or a Minnesota) might pay when they somehow land a top-shelf recruit like Whitehead. Somehow I think players like that don't get away with that crap playing for John Calipari, Coach Alphabet, or Bill Self. A few more options at their disposal than Kevin Willard has at Seton Hall. Tough spot for the Pirates coach, who is under serious pressure to win now.

I've read the same. Whitehead has been a cancer. Might have dodged a bullet there.

Yikes! Sina is shooting 34.8% from the field in his one and a half years at Seton Hall.

Top Bottom