New Kevin Dorsey Video

DeathClutch

Reaction score
I was very confused at first, and thought that maybe Dorsey had a twin brother that nobody knew about, but it looks like he switched jerseys for some reason. He is both #5 & #23 in white.

He's got a lot of Peyton Siva in him. Cheap UofL reference, however, I've always referenced that Pitino likes the attacking "full tilt" style PG over the slower methodical style. Dorsey is an attacker, and he is going to be a lot of fun to watch me thinks.

Thought he was going to dunk it at 2:53ish..he was up there!

As I am watching this I am thinking damn there is a lot of talent and athleticism in the gym (both teams), right when I think that #3 in black comes around a bananna cut and hits a 3 at the 2:58 mark and almost falls over shuffeling back. Highlight of the video. With that being said, I think Dorsey will start right away at point and Mason will start at 2 next year. He is very good!

He's got a lot of Peyton Siva in him. Cheap UofL reference, however, I've always referenced that Pitino likes the attacking "full tilt" style PG over the slower methodical style. Dorsey is an attacker, and he is going to be a lot of fun to watch me thinks.

Jarvis has more similarities with Siva IMO particularly with their athleticism.

The kid looks quick. I like that.

He's going to be a beast in our press. I think it was Pitino or Kimani Young who recently said they believe he'll be one of the best on-ball defenders in the country right away.

He's going to be a beast in our press. I think it was Pitino or Kimani Young who recently said they believe he'll be one of the best on-ball defenders in the country right away.

Can't tell from this clip, he has the quickness but his team plays pretty lazy defense, he might not be ready for Big Ten offenses, I'm kind of wondering if Jarvis might be better day one.

Can't tell from this clip, he has the quickness but his team plays pretty lazy defense, he might not be ready for Big Ten offenses, I'm kind of wondering if Jarvis might be better day one.

The statement from Young was that he plays great "on-the-ball" defense, which you can see in a few clips. He is extremely quick with his hands. The question is whether he'll be a solid help-side defender. It's hard to tell in the video because they play a 2-3 zone so there is a lot of standing around and you don't get to see him trail his own defender while being aware of playing help-side defense.

You can't teach quickness, however, and it is very clear that the kid is quick. It should be fun to watch how he fits in with the Gophers.

Thought he was going to dunk it at 2:53ish..he was up there!

As I am watching this I am thinking damn there is a lot of talent and athleticism in the gym (both teams), right when I think that #3 in black comes around a bananna cut and hits a 3 at the 2:58 mark and almost falls over shuffeling back. Highlight of the video. With that being said, I think Dorsey will start right away at point and Mason will start at 2 next year. He is very good!

I was thinking the same thing. That team has lost about 5-6 games - imagine how they would do in Minnesota.

I was thinking the same thing. That team has lost about 5-6 games - imagine how they would do in Minnesota.

Hey our top teams are no slouch. We don't have the depth of those East Coast states but we don't have the population either. That said our top level squads can compete with the best in the country (not counting the prep schools and basketball factories of course)

This has little to do with overall game but that tip dunk in traffic was impressive for a skinny PG. He and Jarvis together in the backcourt would be the most athletic combo we've had that I can remember as both are quick and explosive. Now hopefully they can learn to shoot, run an offense and communicate.

Hey our top teams are no slouch. We don't have the depth of those East Coast states but we don't have the population either. That said our top level squads can compete with the best in the country (not counting the prep schools and basketball factories of course)

You are definitely right - our top teams like DLS and Apple Valley are really good and have done fine across state lines. My point was just that a team with the talent I see on that video most likely would have no more than a loss or two here in Minnesota.

You are definitely right - our top teams like DLS and Apple Valley are really good and have done fine across state lines. My point was just that a team with the talent I see on that video most likely would have no more than a loss or two here in Minnesota.

Clinton is a good team in this area but is unranked and doesn't play at the same level as his previous team. That said, Dorsey is dominant and will definitely be ready for B1G basketball (see Melo Trimble). Dorsey is not Melo but both played and excelled in the top conference in the area. Looking forward to having him in maroon and gold next year and love seeing my home team recruiting the DMV area.

Clinton is a good team in this area but is unranked and doesn't play at the same level as his previous team. That said, Dorsey is dominant and will definitely be ready for B1G basketball (see Melo Trimble). Dorsey is not Melo but both played and excelled in the top conference in the area. Looking forward to having him in maroon and gold next year and love seeing my home team recruiting the DMV area.

Clinton Christian is not as good as Paul VI but they have been without their second best player for much of the season, Melo Eggsleton. He is a highly ranked 2017 recruit and he just got back a few games ago. Also, I still wonder why it didnt work out for Dorsey at Montverde Academy. Probably will never know.

"The paradox of his skills emerged even on Sunday. He could not be stopped attacking the lane, hit 17 of his 19 free throw attempts, air-balled several three pointers, tormented Takoma Academy defensively and committed double-digit turnovers."

Wow, you don't see 17 of 19 from the line combined with double digit turnovers often.

Committed double digit turnovers or caused double digit turnovers? It says committed but I hope it means he caused 'em

Committed double digit turnovers or caused double digit turnovers? It says committed but I hope it means he caused 'em

From the tone of article, it sounded like he committed them.

Top Bottom