Gophers Ready for Heavy a Lifting? @ Iowa and Indiana, et al.

Reaction score
So now we find out if this is 10th or 11th seed (in the B1G tourney) or are the Gophers the come back kids? These next two are winnable games like virtually every game is this year, but do the Gophers have road poise or not? TBD. Hollins has played great of late; will he have help and can we avoid the nauseating turnovers? Come on Minnesota!

I'm obviously a crazy homer, but I'm still betting on 10-8 and a tourney bid. I think Pitino is anti-tubby and we will inexplicably peak in February as opposed to inexplicable collapse.

Man I want to buy into that. If we can beat Iowa on the road, anything could happen because that would break the road paralysis.

I'm obviously a crazy homer, but I'm still betting on 10-8 and a tourney bid. I think Pitino is anti-tubby and we will inexplicably peak in February as opposed to inexplicable collapse.

That would make my day. Here's to hoping you are right. This could be a crazy spring if the Wild, Gopher Hoops, and Gopher hockey all charge back and make postseason runs

I think we split with Indy/Iowa and drop 2/3 in the Wisconsin/MSU games

That would leave us at 8-10 in the B1G. I do think we will do some damage in the B1G Tournament too, winning 2+ games.

Hopefully that will be enough to secure a spot come Selection Sunday.

I think we split with Indy/Iowa and drop 2/3 in the Wisconsin/MSU games

That would leave us at 8-10 in the B1G. I do think we will do some damage in the B1G Tournament too, winning 2+ games.

Hopefully that will be enough to secure a spot come Selection Sunday.

Have to get to 9-9. Even that is real iffy. 9-9 seems impossible right now but it's an easier route (5-2 finish) than trying to win 4 straight in the BTT.

Have to get to 9-9. Even that is real iffy. 9-9 seems impossible right now but it's an easier route (5-2 finish) than trying to win 4 straight in the BTT.

Yes. 8-10 doesn't get anyone in from the mediocre B1G this season unless they win the BTT.

Yes. 8-10 doesn't get anyone in from the mediocre B1G this season unless they win the BTT.

What if we go 8-10 with a sweep of Wisc? (I'm being difficult I know, because if we sweep wisc. only going 8-10 would be a challenge.)

8-10 is not going to get you dick. Another thing, we don't have a signature win. They have to win 6 of the next seven to get to 10-8. What's hurting this year is the B1G is down. The Gophers have yet to prove they can knock down shots on the road ; both from the field and the line. At best hope for another NIT banner

So now we find out if this is 10th or 11th seed (in the B1G tourney) or are the Gophers the come back kids? These next two are winnable games like virtually every game is this year, but do the Gophers have road poise or not? TBD. Hollins has played great of late; will he have help and can we avoid the nauseating turnovers? Come on Minnesota!

Not sure what we have shown to give any hope that we have what it takes to win on the road. I was at the Barn yesterday for the game and it was a great time, but the late game defensive lapses continue (although, Purdue luckily banked in at least 2 threes late). Yes, we won, but if the game was on the road I doubt we hold on to win. This team just seems to lack that certain quality. Iowa has too much size for us and our best shot at winning is Indiana as they are very similar to us.

I predicted a 10-8 conference finish prior to the season, but I can't imagine a 6-1 finish from this team and the remaining schedule. Yesterday at home was hard enough and we had an unusually large +29 advantage on turnovers/steals. I'm confident we won't experience any advantage close to that in either game against Wisconsin and probably not against anyone else remaining either.

I'll be satisfied enough if they win 3 more, thrilled if they win 4 more, and absolutely ecstatic if they win 5.

This team just seems to lack that certain quality. Iowa has too much size for us and our best shot at winning is Indiana as they are very similar to us.

Agreed, but I wouldn't rule out a victory at East Lansing. As far as Iowa, I agree that their size makes them a very rough matchup and a a pretty unlikely road victory, but they are capable of having some really bad shooting nights. Indiana is more similar to us although they shoot better.

I don't think 9-9 is very iffy but I agree that seems pretty unlikely for the Gophers. I'm still betting they take 7 Big Ten teams in the NCAA tournament.

I don't think 9-9 is very iffy but I agree that seems pretty unlikely for the Gophers. I'm still betting they take 7 Big Ten teams in the NCAA tournament.

9-9 is pretty unlikely but if they do somehow manage a strong ending to get them there, theres a pretty good chance they will sneak in barring a 1st round exit in the B1G tourney. Ending 7-3 in their last 10 and winning some tough road games, their RPI will significantly increase as well.

Here's hoping for a 5-2 ending.

Iowa playing very tough today at home against Maryland; road game looking ever more challenging for Gophers.

Top Bottom