Replay is killing college sports

Some guy

Reaction score
Really? A 3 minute delay to ad .4?
What about the .4 that is missed every dead ball the whole game?

I don't think replay is the problem. It's the process. Why does it take that long? One or two replays and you should be able to figure it out. I don't get it.

I will go a step further. lack of good officials and calling the rules as they state is killing sports. Haas spend 5 seconds in the lane everytime he tried to post up today. there is a rule no matter how much we fans like or dislike the rule it should be called.

and it is not limited to one sport you see it in every sport.

ESPN 1500's Patrick Donnelly could not agree more - he was very passionate about this.

ESPN 1500's Patrick Donnelly could not agree more - he was very passionate about this.

It is worse in football than basketball IMO

I would like to go to a 2 challenge system. No booth reviews ever. If you are out of reviews, too bad.
If you are out of timeouts, too bad.

2 full and 1 30 sec. time out for each team per game and you've fixed 90% of the problem. There are already 8 TV TO's per game.

I don't agree that "replay is killing college sports" but that review today was absolutely ridiculous. With 20-something seconds left you should not be using replay review to add a couple tenths on due to a slow clock operator. And if you did, the review shouldn't take 5 minutes.

I love the long reviews at crunch time. Three beers. :drink::drink::drink:

I will go a step further. lack of good officials and calling the rules as they state is killing sports. Haas spend 5 seconds in the lane everytime he tried to post up today. there is a rule no matter how much we fans like or dislike the rule it should be called.

and it is not limited to one sport you see it in every sport.

Amen to this brother. HORRIBLE officiating is killing sports. All of the money involved in sports, my guess is officials are getting very little of it, so no incentive for them to go out of their way to do better. I am convinced that investing some of that money towards improving the officiating would go a long ways towards improving the entertainment level of sports.

2 full and 1 30 sec. time out for each team per game and you've fixed 90% of the problem. There are already 8 TV TO's per game.

Couldn't agree more. Also, end this nonsense of allowing timeouts to be called during play to bail yourself out of a sticky situation.

It's a joke. It's especially funny when they don't factor in when the shot/game clock operator starts it a half second late when the guy touches the ball.

Julius Perlt would never have allowed this to happen.

Top Bottom