Rasheed Sulaimon is first player dismissed from Duke in 35 years

BleedGopher

Reaction score
They've got a lot of catching up to do to reach our dismissals!

per ESPN:

In a stunning announcement, Duke junior guard Rasheed Sulaimon was dismissed from the program on Thursday. The Houston native had not previously been disciplined, at least publicly, all season.

"Rasheed has been unable to consistently live up to the standards required to be a member of our program," coach Mike Krzyzewski said in a release. "It is a privilege to represent Duke University and with that privilege comes the responsibility to conduct oneself in a certain manner. After Rasheed repeatedly struggled to meet the necessary obligations, it became apparent that it was time to dismiss him from the program."

Sulaimon is the first player to be dismissed in Krzyzewski's 35 seasons as Duke coach, the school confirmed.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...e-blue-devils-dismiss-junior-rasheed-sulaimon

Go Gophers!!

They've got a lot of catching up to do to reach our dismissals!

per ESPN:

In a stunning announcement, Duke junior guard Rasheed Sulaimon was dismissed from the program on Thursday. The Houston native had not previously been disciplined, at least publicly, all season.

"Rasheed has been unable to consistently live up to the standards required to be a member of our program," coach Mike Krzyzewski said in a release. "It is a privilege to represent Duke University and with that privilege comes the responsibility to conduct oneself in a certain manner. After Rasheed repeatedly struggled to meet the necessary obligations, it became apparent that it was time to dismiss him from the program."

Sulaimon is the first player to be dismissed in Krzyzewski's 35 seasons as Duke coach, the school confirmed.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...e-blue-devils-dismiss-junior-rasheed-sulaimon

Go Gophers!!

Paging Fred Hoiberg.....

Have a pretty good guess why he was booted:

(1) Losing a lot of PT to younger teammates, hasn't handled it well, and his becoming to big of a cancer outweighed his talent; and

(2) Didn't worship Coach K's ring enough to K's liking.

35 years without a dismissal? I know Duke can be selective in recruiting in terms of character, but I find it hard to believe not one player has done something worthy of a dismissal in that period of time.

35 years without a dismissal? I know Duke can be selective in recruiting in terms of character, but I find it hard to believe not one player has done something worthy of a dismissal in that period of time.

Maybe a few of them "resigned" before they were fired.

Reggie Love was removed from the team about 12 years ago. I guess that doesn't count because he also played football?

Reggie Love was removed from the team about 12 years ago. I guess that doesn't count because he also played football?

They should've phrased it "first scholarship player". Love was on football scholarship, as you alluded to above.

Top Bottom