The senior class!

Go4

Reaction score
summed up in last two critical possessions.

turnover by Hollins.

turnover by Walker.

senor leadership.

Seniors have honestly been our best players all season, maybe not all at once though. Rough way to finish though, can't have that in crunch time from veterans.

Deandre Mathieu going from a top 5 B1G PG to a mediocre back-up is the biggest reason we are 2-7. It's like having Braxton Miller turn into Mitch Leidner.

Deandre Mathieu going from a top 5 B1G PG to a mediocre back-up is the biggest reason we are 2-7. It's like having Braxton Miller turn into Mitch Leidner.

There are a lot of blame to go around but Mathieu has been the biggest disappointment by far. You'd think his second year in the system would be better, instead he has played much worse. If he's the same player he was last year we're in much better shape right now.

+1000. Played totally out of control again tonight; needs to see significantly fewer minutes in games like this

There are a lot of blame to go around but Mathieu has been the biggest disappointment by far. You'd think his second year in the system would be better, instead he has played much worse. If he's the same player he was last year we're in much better shape right now.

I mean if we had Tyus Jones...oh never mind

As a new, first time father myself...I must say lil Dre's child 100% has impacted his performance. If not the physical exhaustion, certainly the mental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to wonder if having a kid in the off season has been a distraction. Kid+class+bball is a ton of responsibility and about as time consuming as it gets.

As a new, first time father myself...I must say lil Dre's child 100% has impacted his performance. If not the physical exhaustion, certainly the mental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certainly possible. And the league adjusting to him. In any case, it is what it is. I don't think it's lack of effort or anything. Most JC players are there for a reason. You don't find Bobby Jackson very often.

Have to wonder if having a kid in the off season has been a distraction. Kid+class+bball is a ton of responsibility and about as time consuming as it gets.

yes:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The one that really breaks my heart, because I know how good he can be, is Mathieu. I feel like fatherhood has made him happy (which is great for him personally) but he's lost his edge. I asked him this after the OSU game:

Me: As someone that takes losses hard, how tough is this one?
Little Dre: Yeah. I'm getting better at that, going home and seeing Elijah (his son) makes it better. Losing by 2 points, 1 or 2 plays here, that really hurts.

A year ago, he'd be so emotional and upset after a loss like that, and all of these.

The one that really breaks my heart, because I know how good he can be, is Mathieu. I feel like fatherhood has made him happy (which is great for him personally) but he's lost his edge. I asked him this after the OSU game:

Me: As someone that takes losses hard, how tough is this one?
Little Dre: Yeah. I'm getting better at that, going home and seeing Elijah (his son) makes it better. Losing by 2 points, 1 or 2 plays here, that really hurts.

A year ago, he'd be so emotional and upset after a loss like that, and all of these.

+1000; not close to the same player as last year

I cannot believe the parade of turnovers we had in the last 10, 5, and 2 minutes of this game. You would think we would at least be able to hold onto the ball long enough for Squirrel to chuck up some ill-advised shot.

Mathieu is having a really poor season and Morris not no where near as good as Austin was, that is why this team is really struggling compared to last season)

The ups n downs are rough. All players have bad games, stretches, seasons. Good teams have someone step up. Mason certainly did not answer the call today.

Deandre does add to the defensive side though, no one can replicate his recovery skill.

The ups n downs are rough. All players have bad games, stretches, seasons. Good teams have someone step up. Mason certainly did not answer the call today.

Deandre does add to the defensive side though, no one can replicate his recovery skill.

I could have interpreted this wrong but our you sayng he is a better defender than mason......cause if you are saying that you are just wrong.

Ok......just seen statement how he adds to the defensive side, must mean on offense.

Ok......just seen statement how he adds to the defensive side, must mean on offense.

?

I said he adds to the defensive side. I did not say he is better than Mason on defense, regardless of who I think is better, I made no comparison.

?

I said he adds to the defensive side. I did not say he is better than Mason on defense, regardless of who I think is better, I made no comparison.[/QUOTE

What?

Never mind. not gonna go over it with ya

?

I said he adds to the defensive side. I did not say he is better than Mason on defense, regardless of who I think is better, I made no comparison.

What?

What don't you understand? Read the post sequentially.

You asked if I said Dre was better than Mason defensively. I said no, you responded with a sophomoric response feigning confusion to which I reiterated my response.

What don't you understand? Read the post sequentially.

You asked if I said Dre was better than Mason defensively. I said no, you responded with a sophomoric response feigning confusion to which I reiterated my response.

Ok, you want to go there. He does not add to the defensive side, compared to what....he gets dominated on by bigger guards and needs help all the time, hollins and mason are better defenders than him. He might be better defensively than Morris for guards, because Morris forgets where he is once in awhile. I guess he would be good in playing defense on the other teams backup pg. that's why i compared him to mason because you said he helps on the defensive side compared to who is what I am asking then.

Lil Dre's defense has been just as crappy as his offense lately.

?

lil Dre has been posted up on multiple occasions. It's one reason why Coach Pitino often runs a zone when lil Dre is on the court. I'm not seeing how lil Dre "adds" to the defensive side in light of the ways that Coach Pitino adjusts to compensate for a lack of height on the floor.

This senior class needs to pick it up late in close games, otherwise they will be remembered as the choke artists who could never finish.

Mathieu is having a really poor season and Morris not no where near as good as Austin was, that is why this team is really struggling compared to last season)

Thing is, last year at this time there were threads complaining about Austin Hollins too. I absolutely guarantee there will be posts in which people really miss Andre and Walker next year.

As for Dre, some of what we're seeing is simply regression to the mean: http://www.bigtengeeks.com/2014/10/minnesota-season-preview.html

Big Ten Geeks essentially predicted this season from him.

On our full court pressure d lil dre is absolutely value added.

Yeah, not sure why this appears to be confusing / controversial to about half this thread. His quickness and motor is clearly extremely valuable in any full court defense.

Top Bottom