Video: Nebraska's Water Pitchford Ejected for Throwing Violent Elbow at Matt Costello

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/OTuPm55TnpI/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Jesus! How many times did he hit him?!!

<iframe class="vine-embed pinged loaded in-view mostly-in-view" src="https://vine.co/v/OTuPm55TnpI/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async="" src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

If this would have been against a Wisconsin player they would have flopped on the ground, gouged their own eye out and needed a stretcher to be carried off the floor.

This could lead to a suspension I would assume? At least another game?

And THAT'S why I didn't like Pitino giving Miles a hug. There were 3 or 4 cheap shots in the Gopher game. Miles come across as " Mr. Nice Guy " but he teaches thuggery on the court.

Did Tim Miles tweet about this at halftime? I know a lot of people like Miles, but he seems a lot like Eddie Haskell to me. Nice and polite to your face, absolute weasel when he's behind your back.

And THAT'S why I didn't like Pitino giving Miles a hug. There were 3 or 4 cheap shots in the Gopher game. Miles come across as " Mr. Nice Guy " but he teaches thuggery on the court.

I wonder want Pitino said to Miles during the hug. I remember in the Godfather movies, there were some hugs with ominous outcomes.

Hopefully this slows Pitchfork down a little - before he really hurts someone. Nip it in the bud, Andy!

How in the world did he think he would get away with that act? Wasn't even 4 minutes into the game! Also thought he put a little extra into the foul on Mathieu in the recent game in Lincoln.

Oh yeah? You've seen him teaching "thuggery" in practices? That's some good inside info.

How in the world did he think he would get away with that act? Wasn't even 4 minutes into the game! Also thought he put a little extra into the foul on Mathieu in the recent game in Lincoln.

I'd say a lot more than a little.

Was that the one where he hooked elbows and gave him a hip-flip, or was that to a different player.

He is a thug, and rightfully getting a bad rep.

I'm thinking of when Math drove to the hoop, was fouled, and as he was going down Pritchard put his hand on Math's neck or head and pushed him to the floor. He was given a flagrant one I believe.

I'm thinking of when Math drove to the hoop, was fouled, and as he was going down Pritchard put his hand on Math's neck or head and pushed him to the floor. He was given a flagrant one I believe.

Yeah, that was just plain thuggery. That's not basketball.

I can't believe no one noticed or brought this up: after Hollins f'ed up the three on one, Pitchford came down and elbowed King in the head, then kicked at him as he went down the court. It was a joke. As is Petteway, their fans, Miles, the whole lot of them. Games in Nebraska are absolute trash.

I posted the above in the game thread. No one saw it or cared at the time. If you happen to have the game on DVR, go back and watch it. Or maybe it's on YouTube or something. This guy is a joke.

I can't believe no one noticed or brought this up: after Hollins f'ed up the three on one, Pitchford came down and elbowed King in the head, then kicked at him as he went down the court. It was a joke. As is Petteway, their fans, Miles, the whole lot of them. Games in Nebraska are absolute trash.

I posted the above in the game thread. No one saw it or cared at the time. If you happen to have the game on DVR, go back and watch it. Or maybe it's on YouTube or something. This guy is a joke.

Glad you brought it up again. I saw your post be was too deflated to respond.. I was very surprised when it happened that nothing was looked at. I didn't rewind, but I recall king being unable to do anything because he was hunched over clutching his head/neck. I missed the kick but I wouldn't be surprised. I do think that refs are less inclined to make that call in late game situations. Okafor gave a clear elbow to a sju player while trapped on the baseline with two minutes left in that game and nothing was even reviewed. It could have easily been a flop, but the refs or commentators didn't even acknowledge that the defender snapped his head back and was shoved off his defensive position. Regardless I think the refs need to control things even in those last few desperate minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you brought it up again. I saw your post be was too deflated to respond.. I was very surprised when it happened that nothing was looked at. I didn't rewind, but I recall king being unable to do anything because he was hunched over clutching his head/neck. I missed the kick but I wouldn't be surprised. I do think that refs are less inclined to make that call in late game situations. Okafor gave a clear elbow to a sju player while trapped on the baseline with two minutes left in that game and nothing was even reviewed. It could have easily been a flop, but the refs or commentators didn't even acknowledge that the defender snapped his head back and was shoved off his defensive position. Regardless I think the refs need to control things even in those last few desperate minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were too busy telling some meaningless story that had nothing to do with the game. The way TV announcers handle a game now is atrocious. The story is the game.

WAG...I saw it and that's why I call Miles a wolf in sheep's clothing. He had players doing the same crap at, was it CSU?

How about when Dre hit his first three and was fouled. With Dre about to shoot the FT - Petteway standing next to Joey King just shoves Joey with both hands in the chest - and the refs then call a line violation on Petteway...? NOTHING was said about the shove by the announcers.

Aw, heck - until I figure out how to snip this vid, you'll have to forward to 1:34.

Nope. Looked at it 4-5 times still see nothing flagrant. Agree to disagree.

Top Bottom