Packers late-game meltdown reminiscent of March 3, 2002?

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Not a Packers fan, but that had to feel the same way some of us felt after the Gophers snatched defeat from the jaws of victory vs. Illinois that infamous day at Williams Arena. Not quite the same finality (Gophers still had a chance to recover at the Big Ten tourney), but that excruciating late-game meltdown vs. the Illini in effect ended the Gophers' NCAA chances.

Felt more like the Michigan loss in football, but had to enjoy seeing a team I don't care much about choke away a super bowl. Too many Vikings NFC title games have gone the same way. Tough way to lose and if I was a Packer fan, I'd likely be pissed for about 2 months. So glad it wasn't my team.

That had to be one of the biggest chokes in sports history. That loss will mark a sea change in the trajectories of Wisconsin and Minnesota sports. Wisconsin will start a downward spiral in Packers, and Badgers football/basketball. On the other hand, Minnesota sports teams will rise from the abyss and begin to dominate the rivalries. The Sports Gods have spoken today! Suck it, citizens of Wisconsin.

That had to be one of the biggest chokes in sports history. That loss will mark a sea change in the trajectories of Wisconsin and Minnesota sports. Wisconsin will start a downward spiral in Packers, and Badgers football/basketball. On the other hand, Minnesota sports teams will rise from the abyss and begin to dominate the rivalries. The Sports Gods have spoke today! Suck it, citizens of Wisconsin.

Ruppert?

That had to be one of the biggest chokes in sports history. That loss will mark a sea change in the trajectories of Wisconsin and Minnesota sports. Wisconsin will start a downward spiral in Packers, and Badgers football/basketball. On the other hand, Minnesota sports teams will rise from the abyss and begin to dominate the rivalries. The Sports Gods have spoken today! Suck it, citizens of Wisconsin.

I like your thinking!

I actually had a Packer fan ask me, "Is this how it feels to be a fan of the Gophers?" I think they were referring to the fumbled punt game, but I had my own list of MN games running through my head.

Top Bottom