Why does Joey King play?

Stop the hard on. He plays because Coach sees him and works with him every day. Unlike you who only looks for Joey's mistakes in games to justify your hate. Let it go.

Stop the hard on. He plays because Coach sees him and works with him every day. Unlike you who only looks for Joey's mistakes in games to justify your hate. Let it go.

Hate? Are you mad?

You're not a talent scout, that's for sure.

Next time a mature and reasonable answer, k?

1. I thought he played pretty decent today. Made some good decisions with the ball. Made a mistake here or there. What else do you want from him?

2. Who would we play instead of JOEY King? I'll hang up and listen.

Someone is cranky today.

Because he is the best option. Derp.

Alternatives?

Why don't you solve this riddle. Or use the search function.
Who should play instead.
Number one: He is all in, he tries hard. He has a good attitude.
He does have the 2nd most 3's on the team. He spaces the floor helping his teammates be more effective.
He doesn't turn the ball over at a high rate.
He is our 2nd best free throw shooter.
Mo is the only player on our team who averages 4 or more rebounds per game...Joey is in a group of like 6 other guys who average 3 something. He's taller, we'd all like him to do more on the boards. It's what we have.
He is 4 points per game from being our leading scorer. (one more 3 and free throw from being our leading scorer- omg)
His defense has some major huge deficiencies but he usually in the right place at least and doing the best he can.
He cares. He makes some big baskets in key moments. He has had a bad Big Ten stretch I'll agree. He can play better but "who should play instead?"

It's not like Pitino has a roster packed with 4* PF candidates. Right now, his choices are King, Buggs, or Gaston. Unless he goes with a 4-guard lineup, King is going to get playing time.

My question is this - I always felt King's best shot was the straight-on "3" from the top of the key - but lately, it seems like all he shoots are corner "3's." Is this by design?

He's not very good, but its not like we have anyone better. :(

His three point shot used to be a flick of the wrist, currently it is a flat push and he jumps towards the basket like he is shooting a half-court shot.

Apparently EE is really in the doghouse, Big Kontae played decent today, would have been nice to see Gas get a couple of minutes.

He plays because his coach thinks he is the best option right now at his position. Perhaps Buggs could get more of his minutes but right now I don't see that happening. Maybe Gaston will be the guy to eventually get some minutes.

Because he loves the game and coach likes his hustle.

Why is it that people think lunch bucket players aren't valuable?

His three point shot used to be a flick of the wrist, currently it is a flat push and he jumps towards the basket like he is shooting a half-court shot.

Ya, not sure what's up with that. It's like a Bob Cousy set shot or old school Celtics flashback.
The corner threes are absolutely by design. He seems reluctant to shoot the top of the key 3's when he has the opportunity?
But we need him shooting the corner 3's to flatten out the defense.

Apparently EE is really in the doghouse, Big Kontae played decent today, would have been nice to see Gas get a couple of minutes.

Pitino said Gas got hurt in practice yesterday.

Love Joey. Not a spectacular athlete, but loaded with fundamentals. Shot fakes, pass fakes, takes charges and can shoot. They have to guard him.

King does a lot of good things. The charges he draws are momentum killers for the other team (THREE today). Not to get off topic, but why is it that King seems to draw 2/3 of the charges for this team ... hasn't anybody else learned to take a charge? And he's one of our best shooters. The problem is that he's forced to do more than he's capable of doing on this weak-interior team, especially when he's paired with Mo. It exacerbates his weaknesses.

Um, because he's the best we have at that position. Gees, quit knocking Joey. As Richard's father once said while coach of the Celtics, "Larry Bird isn't walking through that door, Kevin Mc Hale isn't walking through that door, Robert Parrish isn't walking through that door."

The roster's not changing in season, this isn't the NBA.

He should be coming off the bench as a SF in the big 10, not starting PF. He will be gone soon.

Wow, I guess you cannot have a negative opinion on King. If he's not on the team we're at least 3-3 in the Big Ten right now. He is not the best option. I'd rather get Buggs more minutes and NEVER play King at clutch time. Some of you on here are just a$$es.

Wow, I guess you cannot have a negative opinion on King. If he's not on the team we're at least 3-3 in the Big Ten right now. He is not the best option. I'd rather get B uggs more minutes and NEVER play King at clutch time. Some of you on here are just a$$es.

I think you should include yourself in your last sentence, nasa.

That's my opinion, thank you.

Wow, I guess you cannot have a negative opinion on King. If he's not on the team we're at least 3-3 in the Big Ten right now. He is not the best option. I'd rather get Buggs more minutes and NEVER play King at clutch time. Some of you on here are just a$$es.

I'm not a king fan either but it's pretty safe to assume he's the best we have right now. I do think King makes mo and ee look a lot worse on the glass because Joey doesn't even attempt to rebound.

I'd still rather see Joey on the floor than EE.

Parski called.............said this was a dumb thread.

Top Bottom