CBS Basketball Analyst Greg Anthony Arrested, Charged With Soliciting Prostitute

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the AP:

District of Columbia police say CBS basketball analyst and former NBA player Greg Anthony has been arrested and charged with soliciting a prostitute.

Lt. Kelvin Cusick tells The Associated Press that Anthony was arrested at 5:46 p.m. on Friday. He said Saturday that Anthony faces a misdemeanor solicitation charge that's punishable by up to 180 days in jail.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/17/greg-anthony-arrested_n_6492274.html

Go Gophers!!

Never would've happened if Maryland had just stayed in the ACC. :cool:

What an idiotic waste of time. Why does the government feel the need to regulate what two consenting adults do with their bodies or with their money.

What an idiotic waste of time. Why does the government feel the need to regulate what two consenting adults do with their bodies or with their money.

I agree, but I believe he is married, which would make it a big deal.

two schools of thought on this.

1. whatever two consenting adults choose to do with their bodies and their money is their business.

2. a lot of women in the sex trade are not there by choice. They have to answer to pimps who use threats of physical force to keep them in line. From this perspective, it is not a "victimless" crime - the women selling their bodies are the victims. real-life prostitution is not a Hollywood movie.

I can see both sides of the argument.

two schools of thought on this.

1. whatever two consenting adults choose to do with their bodies and their money is their business.

2. a lot of women in the sex trade are not there by choice. They have to answer to pimps who use threats of physical force to keep them in line. From this perspective, it is not a "victimless" crime - the women selling their bodies are the victims. real-life prostitution is not a Hollywood movie.

I can see both sides of the argument.

Like any type of prohibition, the Govt creates a black market, which in turn creates victims. Legalize and regulate, problem solved.

Top Bottom