MSU Basketball Star Marshall from St. Paul Mn.leaves team...Future Gopher???

Reaction score
SPRINGFIELD, Mo.-- Missouri State University's star basketball player, Marcus Marshall, has been suspended indefinitely.

Head Coach Paul Lusk said the suspension was due to "conduct detrimental to the team."

Marshall is a junior from St. Paul, Minnesota. He is the leading scorer for the Bears, averaging nearly 20 points per game.

Suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. Do we want to start barking up that tree?

Suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. Do we want to start barking up that tree?

Yes, yes we do. He'd be a helluva pick up for a Gophers team who has major scoring problems at times. I think there will be bigger name schools going after him, but I hope he considers the Gophers.

Well, then this is the product you're going to get most years then. Meanwhile in Ames...

If you are supporting a troublemaker to become a Gopher, you are more nuts than I.

If you are supporting a troublemaker to become a Gopher, you are more nuts than I.

Getting into a heated argument with his coach once suddenly now makes him a big troublemaker?? Well that's news to me I guess!

Fred Hoiberg already has him locked up.....we need the help and have an open slot. We should take him. We need some better players and he a step up from Joey King.

If he wouldn't be eligible to play next year anyway then no thanks. If he could play next year then maybe depending on what exactly the "conduct detrimental to the team" was and how many issues there have been at Missouri State.

Fred Hoiberg already has him locked up.....we need the help and have an open slot. We should take him. We need some better players and he a step up from Joey King.

He's a guard..... but I agree he is worth a look and I'm sure the staff will do their due dilligence. I have no idea how his transfer works as in how long will he sit out, but coming home to Minnesota would probably give him a better shot at playing at the beginning of the season next year, via hardship waiver.

I have no idea how his transfer works as in how long will he sit out, but coming home to Minnesota would probably give him a better shot at playing at the beginning of the season next year, via hardship waiver.

Deverell Biggs was kicked off the Nebraska team at the end of January 2014 and has played the entire season for Texas Southern this year. Biggs is from Omaha. Maybe waivers come a little more easily these days if a player is forced to leave a team involuntarily.

He'd come in for what? One season? I don't know, it depends on what the reason was for letting him go. Some coaches can be unreasonable in this regard, I would be willing to give any player the benefit of the doubt, but if he's getting a scholarship, even if only for one year, then he better be friggin worth it, so if he is a potential bad seed, then I'd say to pass on him. The short term benefit, IF there is any benefit, wouldn't be worth the long term negatives if he ended up being a cancer on the team or something.

Shall we throw in Sulaimon and Upshaw as well... :cool02:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12249502/duke-blue-devils-dismiss-junior-rasheed-sulaimon

In a stunning announcement, Duke junior guard Rasheed Sulaimon was dismissed from the program on Thursday. The Houston native had not previously been disciplined, at least publicly, all season.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12232892/washington-huskies-dismiss-robert-upshaw-program-violation-team-rules

Washington Huskies junior 7-footer Robert Upshaw has been dismissed from the program for a violation of team rules, the school announced.

If we're going to take in a transfer from the Missouri Valley, he needs to be an impact player like Rayvonte Rice. Gophers don't need role players, we need impact players. If Marshall is along those lines, a true impact player like Rice, and Pitino does a better job vetting his character than he did Lofton's, might be worth the roll of the dice.

Wish he was a big guy, though. I cringe at our frontline rotation as it looks right now for next season.

If we're going to take in a transfer from the Missouri Valley, he needs to be an impact player like Rayvonte Rice. Gophers don't need role players, we need impact players. If Marshall is along those lines, a true impact player like Rice, and Pitino does a better job vetting his character than he did Lofton's, might be worth the roll of the dice.

I can't speak for Marshall's character, but he certainly looks like an impact player judging by his numbers alone.

Man... Adding Upshaw is far-cry, but he's exactly what we need for next year. Anyways, really hoping we can land one of these guys.

Top Bottom