BTN: Big Ten Power Rankings Week of 1/12: (Minnesota #11)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per BTN:

11. Minnesota (11-6, 0-4). It was a heartbreaking home loss to Ohio State, as the defense improved in the second half but couldn’t close it out in overtime. Mo Walker continued his inspired play (18 points/9 rebounds), but it wasn’t enough. The 5-point loss at Michigan and its 1-3-1 zone has Richard Pitino scratching his head after 17 turnovers. Expect a lineup change as they travel to Iowa on Tuesday.
Last week: 7

http://btn.com/2015/01/12/big-ten-power-rankings-michigan-state-moves-up-to-no-3/

Go Gophers!!

per BTN:

11. Minnesota (11-6, 0-4). It was a heartbreaking home loss to Ohio State, as the defense improved in the second half but couldn’t close it out in overtime. Mo Walker continued his inspired play (18 points/9 rebounds), but it wasn’t enough. The 5-point loss at Michigan and its 1-3-1 zone has Richard Pitino scratching his head after 17 turnovers. Expect a lineup change as they travel to Iowa on Tuesday.
Last week: 7

http://btn.com/2015/01/12/big-ten-power-rankings-michigan-state-moves-up-to-no-3/

Go Gophers!!

Man... I hope they're not traveling to Iowa today.. That would really screw up my plans for tonight!

Pretty generous to have us ahead of a 2-2 team with a win against the team heavily favored to run away with the conference.

Rutgers played great. I don't want to take that away from them, but if we're being honest the Scarlets Knights don't beat the Badgers if Kaminsky (entire game) or Jackson (2nd half) are in the mix.

Even so, Rutgers scares me a little bit now with the Jack & Mack attack. Until the Gophers show they're not mentally fragile they appear capable of losing to any Big Ten squad, especially after watching the impressive games Rutgers and Northwestern played in their last outings. It's a bummer to even have to type that (Gophers lumped with Rutgers & Northwestern), but it's where we're at. Need to start changing that tonight by showing some high-level, competitive stuff.

Pretty generous to have us ahead of a 2-2 team with a win against the team heavily favored to run away with the conference.

Agree. Probably just giving the Gophers the benefit of the doubt for the time being. The fact is this is a last place team and I figured the rankings would reflect that. Having them at 11 is being very generous.

This team has now come full circle - from being arguably overrated at the beginning of the conference season to arguably being underrated now. This is a team that, had it not been for their pants crapping, could be 3-1 right now. The difference between victory and defeat is paper thin, and there's little margin for error. I'd be surprised if the Gophs don't look a lot better before it's over.

POLLYANNA!!!

We are going 6-1 or better in the next 7. Book it.

POLLYANNA!!!

Top Bottom