Scottie Haralson transfers to Tulsa

Tubby went pretty hard after this kid, didn't he?

Tulsa is one team I'd really like to see on the Gophers' schedule this season. They have a chance to unseat Memphis in Conference USA, they have a lot coming back (Jordan & Uzoh) & as the former coach Tubby certainly has the connections.

http://www.tulsahurricane.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/060709aaa.html

I think Harrelsen was someone Tubby liked, but he only had a conditional offer here. I think Harrelsen had to wait until Devoe made a decision, IIRC. I'm not 100% certain on that, though. I remember Harrelsen being ready to commit, but Tubby having to put the brakes on. Anyone recall specifics?

I don't recall any certain specifics, but I think tj is right in that it was a case of Devoe being the coaching staff's first choice for that schollie. As I recall, Haralson was very interested in the U and was pretty close to committing, but Devoe was also in play at that point and it was a situation where the Gophers were waiting on Devoe, who was their No. 1 choice for that scholarship.

Unfortunately, that left Haralson without a schollie available at the U and led him to commit to UConn (kind of similar to Darius Smith in that regard). Anyway, good luck to Scottie. I had heard very good things about him during the recruiting season last year.

Top Bottom