Katz mentions Monson as a possible "cleanup man" at USC

From the article:
...Whereas a coach such as Long Beach State's Dan Monson, who has gone through NCAA overhauls at Minnesota and Long Beach State, might be a viable choice if the Trojans are looking for a cleanup man.

I think coach Monson would be a solid selection to get USC over this "hump." He is well experienced in this situation and can serve as the transitional leader of the program. Once they complete their NCAA punishment/sanctions and the rebuilding process has begun, then they could pursue the other big name coaches mentioned in the article to elevate them back to Pac 10 contention.

To take on this ugly task, I hope Monson is rewarded with a strong compensation/benefits package. It won't be easy or fun that's for sure!

I have no idea why he would want to go through that again, especially since once it is done he will be ridden out of town! Sorry, they should get a "Monson type", but have a heart. He can only live through so many of those things.

... my mean game of family kickball was interrupted by the news that Billy Gillispie had filed a federal lawsuit against Kentucky. Before I could even digest that bit of information, word came down not 20 minutes later that Memphis was under NCAA investigation, lassoing Kentucky and John Calipari into the fray. Down the road a spell from Calipari's new Lexington address, a woman has been indicted on extortion charges against Louisville coach Rick Pitino. Renardo Sidney and John Riek are going to Mississippi State; Fairleigh Dickinson (Fairleigh Dickinson???) just fired its winningest coach -- in June. Robert Dozier reportedly went to the same SAT prep class as Derrick Rose, and now USC is spiraling down toward a self-imposed death penalty.
So what's the over/under that John Walls, who still isn't qualified, ever steps onto the court at Kentucky? I can almost hear Coach Cal say "Hey John, remember when I was saying that getting you qualified was no problem ... "

I have no idea why he would want to go through that again, especially since once it is done he will be ridden out of town! Sorry, they should get a "Monson type", but have a heart. He can only live through so many of those things.

$$$$, not a good coach.

Two good reasons.

That was my first thought as well. I can't imagine he would want to go through that again.

So what's the over/under that John Walls, who still isn't qualified, ever steps onto the court at Kentucky? I can almost hear Coach Cal say "Hey John, remember when I was saying that getting you qualified was no problem ... "

Hey John, remember that Euro contract you were going to sign?

You better sign it.

Top Bottom