The Tim Floyd saga ends in resignation

It's kind of a funny (sick?) irony considering how things turned out. Floyd was almost the man in Tucson, then reneges and comes back to USC only to resign a few months later. Makes me wonder what would have transpired had Floyd actually the Arizona job in the first place.

Thankfully for Wildcat fans, they'll never find out. I would think that Floyd saw the handwriting on the wall as it pertains to the NCAA nailing both him and his program, so that was the impetus for this move. Of course, I could be wrong, as I don't know the full details of the investigation. But I can't recall the last time a coach resigned when they were "innocent" of such charges.

looks like he should have learned from cal and left before he gets nailed

Here's Dan Wetzel's column on the situation. If you read to the end of the column, I think you'll be a bit stunned on how Floyd handled his resignation with the university, his staff, and his players, but then again perhaps not, considering his reputation.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basket...cB?slug=dw-floydout060909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Good call coolhand. It sounds as if he ran home to Mississippi and then said "sorry, I'm not coming back" without actually bothering to inform anybody at USC first. It says a lot that the USC sports information office had to learn about it from a small newspaper website in Mississippi.

Top Bottom