OT: Go UMD Football!

Reaction score
Even if we're rivals in hockey I think our neighbors to the north deserve our support for the great season they have had. 12-0 is good in any division.

The University of Minnesota Duluth's unprecedented postseason football journey will continue this Saturday (Dec. 6) when the Bulldogs take on California University of Pennsylvania in the semifinal round of the NCAA Division II playoffs. Opening kickoff is set for 11 a.m. (CST) at Adamson Stadium (6,500 capacity/artificial surface) on the California U. campus.

The game is on ESPN Classic for those interested.

Go Bulldogs!

I second that. The Bulldogs have had a great season, and they are the only college or pro football team in Minnesota with a chance to win a championship this year. And I am still hopeful the Bulldog hockey team can take a run at a title as well.

What!! College kids involved in playoffs?? My god, the mayhem. How will they survive? Their lives are surely ruined and worsened by this terrible experience of forced labor. Best get the computers involved.

Go UMD!! I really do hope they do well despite my shot at the BCS.

Duluth leads 31-7 going in to the 4th...Go Bulldogss!!!

And despite what the WCHA tells us, I don't consider us rivals with UMD in hockey. UND is our greatest hockey rival. UMD needs to win a little more often for me to care about them.

since the bulldogs have a new couch, it is really impressive. coach bubba has to be proud of the kids.

since the bulldogs have a new couch, it is really impressive. coach bubba has to be proud of the kids.

You wouldn't think a new couch would make that much of a difference. Now, a good reclining lounge chair that I could understand.

U of M Dillute Wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One more to go. Go BoolDawgs!!!!!!!!

He used to be the coach a few years ago as well...then in between was the AD. Not to mention they joined the NSIC, full of teams with fewer scholarships than them, as well as SCSU, and MSU-Mankato.

Duluth leads 31-7 going in to the 4th...Go Bulldogss!!!

And despite what the WCHA tells us, I don't consider us rivals with UMD in hockey. UND is our greatest hockey rival. UMD needs to win a little more often for me to care about them.

Badger fans say the same thing about us regarding our football team...win and we'll have a rivalry:(

Brewster

Badger fans say the same thing about us regarding our football team...win and we'll have a rivalry

That's exactly what Brewster says too haha. It's is spot on in my opinion.

Duluth looked really good in that game. The only thing that drove me nuts were the announcers. They didn't impress me, even for a DII game.

I had never heard of people putting tomato juice in beer until today, yet they made it sound like everyone in Duluth does that. My favorite though - "What does the "H" in H-back stand for?"

I have lived in Duluth off and on for many years...

and never seen or heard of a Red Eye until I visited South Western Minnesota. Olives in beer? yes all over West Duluth, but never a Red Eye. I had bar tended in Duluth and never been asked for one either.

Juice in Beer and thoughts on the Game.

Muddy red beer in Carlton County bars than in Duluth proper. To make it worse most often is was Clamato - tomato juice with clam juice.

Pickled eggs only in one set-up bar.

Overall I thought the announcer did okay with the actual call, but they obviously were more familiar with the PA team. They either were expecting a different result in Michigan the week before or/and that resulted in no homework being done on UMD, the NSIC, reviewed the NCC. With the game out of hand, the colorguy seemed bored.

I thought both teams deserved better, but especially UMD.

and never seen or heard of a Red Eye until I visited South Western Minnesota. Olives in beer? yes all over West Duluth, but never a Red Eye. I had bar tended in Duluth and never been asked for one either.

Anyone think Isaac Odim of Rochester Century--who was to play for Yale until in incurred some legal woes--is good enough to play Division 1 and/or for the Gophers? Was he on the Gopher recruiting radar at all out of high school?

Top Bottom