Ticket prices actually pretty good news!

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Ticket prices actually pretty good news

Just got my renewal last night. Here's what I learned.

(1) There will be 19 home games (including exhibitions) this season, two less than last season. That means there will be 2 exhibition games, 8 nonconference games & 9 Big 10 games.

(2) Per-game ticket prices (averaging out all games, including exhibitions) only went up 80 cents from $27.43 per game to $28.23 per game. We can't complain about that, as the U has done a nice job of maintaining men's basketball season-ticket prices. Obviously, as Shik's experience taught us, we should expect a significant increase in the near future. As Rouser pointed out yesterday, higher ticket prices/seat licensing fees go with the territory of having a coach of Tubby's caliber and the impending practice facility. Hopefully the U will give season-ticket holders an ample amount of time to digest the information when the time comes.

(3) Because of the decrease in the number of home games, we're actually paying less per season ticket than we did in 2008. Last season it was $576 per ticket, this year it's $536.40 per ticket.

(4) Season-ticket renewals are due June 30th, about 3 weeks earlier than last year.

Nothing like buying something that you have no idea what you are going to get.

Why not put the due date the day the season ends? Who cares who the non-conference schedule is.... ?

I know most people renew regardless, but they could have a consistent date. I am actually happy it is a bit cheaper.

"I am actually happy it is a bit cheaper."

Second that motion. More home games is good. ... so long as there's several decent games leading up to the Big 10 season. But I've always said I'll take (paying for) less home games if we're going to get the mostly (stuff) we usually get in November and December.

I have always told my mom the NC games are "free" and we pay ~70 dollars/ticket for each Big Ten game

The U should put a pretty hefty seat liscense fee on the prime seats - middle lower level, middle upper level first 10 rows. During the big ten season a scalper can't touch those for under $100 and games like North Dakota were going for the same on line. If those ticket holders in those seats don't like it there are likely others currently w/o tickets that would pay up now that Gopher basketball is worht watching again.

I'm also glad to see ticket prices didn't go up for most. It would be a pretty tough sell with this economy and frankly I'm not sure my corner seats lower level are worth that much more to me than what I'm currently paying.

I am coming around on this too. While it would still be an inconvenience for us, where else in sports can we go to a quality sporting event, sit so close and for only $30? (This is easier to say now that I don't have to cough up the cash this year.)

Maybe that is part of the deal. You get to sit in the lower level, with unobstructed seats, and you pay $40 - $75 per seat and there is a knowledge that the money is spent to hire, and to keep, great coaches at the U.

I am coming around on this too. While it would still be an inconvenience for us, where else in sports can we go to a quality sporting event, sit so close and for only $30? (This is easier to say now that I don't have to cough up the cash this year.)

Maybe that is part of the deal. You get to sit in the lower level, with unobstructed seats, and you pay $40 - $75 per seat and there is a knowledge that the money is spent to hire, and to keep, great coaches at the U.

Hypocrite.

Top Bottom