recruiting Visits 12/12

DL65

Reaction score
According to SCOUT, there will be eight recruits on the Minnesota campus next week. Some of the recruits have already verbaled to the Gophers; however, 2 Juco recruits from California - Anthony Leon (many have expressed interest in another thread) and his teammate Delano Johnson - will be in attendance. Johnson is a Rivals 3-star recruit as a defensive end. He's 6-5, 265 pounds, runs a reported 4.65 forty, and his listed offers on SCOUT include Minnesota, Arizona State, Iowa State, Kansas State, Nevada, TCU and UCF. Leon and Johnson play at the College of the Sequoias, and Johnson is scheduled to graduate from the California school this month. So, he would be available for spring practice.

Go Gophers!!

Anthony Jones verballed to Arizona St this week, I doubt he's coming. I think all three of the JC guys (Anthony Leon, Delano Johnson & Taikwon Paige) could help right away.

Anthony Jones verballed to Arizona St this week, I doubt he's coming. I think all three of the JC guys (Anthony Leon, Delano Johnson & Taikwon Paige) could help right away.

As i understand it, Jones still wants to make the trip, if MN wants to /lets him make it. Maybe his mom wants to shop at the MOA? Not sure how this reconciles with other LB recruits.

I haven't seen Delano play since HS, but if he has developed as he could, he should push DO pretty hard. Serious stud potential.

According to SCOUT, there will be eight recruits on the Minnesota campus next week. Some of the recruits have already verbaled to the Gophers; however, 2 Juco recruits from California - Anthony Leon (many have expressed interest in another thread) and his teammate Delano Johnson - will be in attendance. Johnson is a Rivals 3-star recruit as a defensive end. He's 6-5, 265 pounds, runs a reported 4.65 forty, and his listed offers on SCOUT include Minnesota, Arizona State, Iowa State, Kansas State, Nevada, TCU and UCF. Leon and Johnson play at the College of the Sequoias, and Johnson is scheduled to graduate from the California school this month. So, he would be available for spring practice.

Go Gophers!!

Rivals has 4 star Juco CB Taikwon Paige also coming for the weekend. I think we have a good chance of closing Taikwon on his visit.

Paige, Leon and Johnson

I really hope these 3 guys choose the Gophers. They would all project to being able to earn playing time. They are going to have 4 visiting commits in their ear, among others, so let's cross our fingers. Speaking of "cross" - go get 'em coach Cross!

Top Bottom