Big Ten is Number 1

MillionMoves

Reaction score
For the 33rd straight season, the Big Ten led the nation in average attendance for men's basketball, the conference announced this week. The Big Ten ranked first among all conferences with an average of 12,519 fans per game in 2008-09, which is nearly 900 more than the runner-up SEC with 11,625.

The NCAA's final attendance numbers and rankings include both regular-season and conference tournament attendance.

wow I had no idea the B10's attendance was that great. I did know that pretty much every team in the conference has excellent crowds but for as much hype as the ACC and bEAST gets its surprising we've been dominating in attendance this much.

I'd be curious to see what percentage of capacity this is. But, it's still pretty cool.

For the 33rd straight season, the Big Ten led the nation in average attendance for men's basketball, the conference announced this week. The Big Ten ranked first among all conferences with an average of 12,519 fans per game in 2008-09, which is nearly 900 more than the runner-up SEC with 11,625.

The NCAA's final attendance numbers and rankings include both regular-season and conference tournament attendance.

well, this is no thanks to the iowee faithful as carver-hogeye sat empty during many a hogeye home game last season. ;)

Top Bottom