OT: Ball State perfect is coming to a end.

gophersfan

Reaction score
OT: Ball State perfect season is coming to a end.

it is coming to a end. Buffalo leading. 35-24 with over 4 minutes to go.

Ball State 24, Buffalo 42 - FINAL

so much for that

Turner Gill

Tonight's game and his three-year record show what a good coach, leader and recruiter Turner Gill is. The victory over Ball State also indicates that the Gophers could have had a W in Detroit - won't be so easy in Tempe.

I'm really happy for Buffalo. My best friend was coaching out there last year, before moving on to Nebraska, and I'm proudly wearing the Buffalo Bulls coaches shirt he gave me. It was fun to call him and watch the 4th quarter of the game. FYI--He thinks Kansas is going to beat the Gophers because we won't be able to handle their passing attack but we can probably give them a game for a while. He said Kansas had a good D last year but the coordinator left and the new one isn't as good. We should move the ball on them but we probably won't keep up with their scoring.

It's funny how premature Ball State receiving and declining an invitation to the Humanitarian Bowl in Boise turned out to be. I wonder if Boise would have stood up to the invitation with Ball State at 12-1 had they accepted it.

Perhaps they were looking past Buffalo, looking forward to an undefeated season that they were going to get by not playing Boise State. Congratulations to Buffalo, that program has really taken some major strides.

Perhaps they were looking past Buffalo, looking forward to an undefeated season that they were going to get by not playing Boise State. Congratulations to Buffalo, that program has really taken some major strides.

It was a competitive game until the last 5 minutes of the third quarter. Ball State led 17-14 and was at the 1 yard line when the the QB fumbled leaping in to the end zone and Buffalo picked it up and returned it for a TD. The next series Ball State was at the Buffalo 21 and the center snapped it without the QB looking and it took a weird bounce and got kicked and Buffalo returned a second fumble for a TD within 5 minutes.

I don't think Ball State was looking past them, the teams were competitive and Ball State made crucial mistakes. Realistically, Ball State was never the 12th best team in the country. They were undefeated but they had the 119th ranked schedule in the country out of 119 teams. You still have to beat the other teams but thinking they were #12 is unrealistic.

Their "signature" win was either beating Indiana or Central Michigan. Central Michigan is legitimately a good team but they are not in the discussion of top 20 teams in the country.

Its all about Turner Gill

He of the 84-13 shellacking. Long time Backfield Coach and Offensive Coordinator at Nebraska. When the dipstick Pederson came an blew up the Cornhuskers Turner was let go and wanted a head coaching gig. The only offer? A program just becoming Division 1, Buffalo. They were the laughing stock, but he has demonstrated he can recruit and coach. I would bet Dr. Tom might be kicking himself just a bit. But don't be surpirse if he stays there. Its his, he made it.

not to mention they beat a central michigan team that lost to a terrible purdue team

Turner Gill

He of the 84-13 shellacking. Long time Backfield Coach and Offensive Coordinator at Nebraska. When the dipstick Pederson came an blew up the Cornhuskers Turner was let go and wanted a head coaching gig. The only offer? A program just becoming Division 1, Buffalo. They were the laughing stock, but he has demonstrated he can recruit and coach. I would bet Dr. Tom might be kicking himself just a bit. But don't be surpirse if he stays there. Its his, he made it.

My friend that coached with him is convinced that he won't leave for a lower level BCS school. He has two teenage daughters that have had to move in the past and now they are just about high school age which is a tough time to move. If a Texas Tech type job comes around he would probably take that but my friend is convinced he would pass up the Syracuse job.

Top Bottom