Vote for Minnesota's Mount Rushmore of football on BTN

supadupafly

Reaction score
Results for Minnesota will be revealed on BTN Live Friday, December 19th at 5pm CT. They are taking votes and compiling a Mount Rushmore for each school and each school's Mount Rushmore will be announced on BTN Live on various dates throughout December.

http://btn.com/minnesota-footballs-mount-rushmore/

Go Gophers! Ski-U-Mah!

Thanks for linking.

Note to BTN, our biggest legend of all is NOT a vehicle:

"Bronco Nagurski"

Go Gophers!!

I'd probably vote:

Bronko Nagurski
Bruce Smith
Tom Brown
Greg Eslinger

TC, Stephens and Bell are my next three.

Go Gophers!!

I voted the following. You can rank your Top 10 in order.

Nagurski
Smith
Bell
Brown
Giel
Stephens
Carter
Thompson
Eslinger
Lund

P.S. If there were options, I would have also like to have voted on guys like Eller, Nomellini, Wilkinson, Sanders, etc. on the list too.

I went:

Nagurski
Smith
Bell
Eslinger
Giel
Carter
Brown
Stephens
Thompson
Lund

I think Nagurski & Smith are givens, and Bell is close to a sure thing.

The big question (much like the CFP) is: Who's #4

I went:

Nagurski
Smith
Bell
Eslinger
Giel
Carter
Brown
Stephens
Thompson
Lund

I think Nagurski & Smith are givens, and Bell is close to a sure thing.

The big question (much like the CFP) is: Who's #4

I agree with your top 3. Good analogy to the CFP, except that ESPN isn't pimping any of the names. I'd have to put in Thompson as #4. He ran over people while on some less than stellar teams. If he had Kill's (or Mason's) offensive lines to run behind he would have really put up some numbers. Plus the dude bleeds maroon. You gotta love that.

I went:
Nagurski
Smith
Bell
Giel
Brown
Stephens
Carter
Eslinger
Thompson
Lund

It's too tough to choose, but if I'm Greg Eslinger, I'm glowing thinking about how awesome that I'm the new guy being grouped with legends. On a personal note, Eslinger was one of the few OL guys that people keyed in on and forgot about the rb when watching games live.

It's too tough to choose, but if I'm Greg Eslinger, I'm glowing thinking about how awesome that I'm the new guy being grouped with legends. On a personal note, Eslinger was one of the few OL guys that people keyed in on and forgot about the rb when watching games live.

I know I did that at times. He was like a dancing bear out there on the field. One of the best pull/run blockers in the history of college football, imo.

Nagurski 1st - then
Bell
Giel
Smith (won the Heisman - hard to leave off top 4)
Stephens (tough call to leave off top 4- led Gophs to Rose Bowl victory - and pioneering black QB)

all due respect to Eslinger - he was very good - but I can't put him up with all-time greats like the top 5 on my list.

Nagurski 1st - then
Bell
Giel
Smith (won the Heisman - hard to leave off top 4)
Stephens (tough call to leave off top 4- led Gophs to Rose Bowl victory - and pioneering black QB)

all due respect to Eslinger - he was very good - but I can't put him up with all-time greats like the top 5 on my list.

Agree on the bold SON

Nagurski
Smith
Bell
----------
somewhere in here is the fourth

Brown
Eller
Stephens
Geil
Beirman - coaches?

Top Bottom