ESPN Blog Bowl explanation for Big10 sounds right

per Frales' link:

That brings us to the Orange Bowl, which will pair an ACC team against the highest-ranked available SEC or Big Ten team. This likely will come down to which MSU -- Michigan State or Mississippi State -- is higher in the final rankings. Michigan State is higher in tonight's rankings (No. 8 vs. No. 10) and both teams are done with the regular season. We don't see things changing so the Spartans are projected for South Florida.

It means no Big Ten team in the Citrus Bowl for the first time since 1992.

Minnesota is the likely choice for the Outback Bowl. Nebraska appeared in Holiday Bowls both in 2009 and 2010, but we have the Huskers heading to San Diego.

Go Gophers!!

I like the Outback, or the Holiday Bowl in San Diego over the Citrus Bowl.

I'd rather travel to and spend time near the Ocean/Gulf/ in Tampa/ St. Pete or San Diego than go t tourist trap Orlando. The stadiums are better and the Cities are more appealing. Of course if the Bowl tickets include a $200 dollar donation, I might pass.

Thanks for posting. Was just about to post the same link. Hope it works out this way personally. I think Outback is actually a better overall destination for fans than Citrus in this instance in terms of geography. As others have said, most would prefer to be near the Gulf/Ocean in Florida than stuck inland in Florida and a more appealing city/cities in terms of other options before/after the bowl game.

Go Gophers! Ski-U-Mah!

Top Bottom