Jerry Kill named BIG Coach Of The Year By Media And Coaches

Dannyboy

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good news on an otherwise ****ty night

He matched last years record. Bo P did that and got fired.

Sweet! Now tell the U to stop this ridiculous ticket thing, Jerry.

Congrats to Kill and the staff.

Kill's interview on BTN was kind of strange. He didn't exactly make me and my wife feel confident about him loving it here when asked about other schools contacting him. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Anyone else see it?

Congrats to Kill and the staff.

Kill's interview on BTN was kind of strange. He didn't exactly make me and my wife feel confident about him loving it here when asked about other schools contacting him. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Anyone else see it?
He is doing a good job at Minnesota, but,if he wants to leave, good riddance

Cha-ching. That's another $50k. This one is actually a difficult incentive to achieve.. most aren't. In addition to the $2.1MM this year, he's on track to earn close to $500k in bonuses.

Cha-ching. That's another $50k. This one is actually a difficult incentive to achieve.. most aren't. In addition to the $2.1MM this year, he's on track to earn close to $500k in bonuses.

Add Kill's continued success to the long line of things that GopherWarrior was wrong about!!

Justin Morneau
Jerry Kill
Trevor Mbakwe
Andre Hollins

I'm sure I'm missing a dozen or so.

Congrats Coach Kill!! Way to prove the know-it-alls that said your health wouldn't allow you to coach wrong!

Anyone can have Kill, as long as we make a push to keep for Claeys to be headcoach.

Anyone can have Kill, as long as we make a push to keep for Claeys to be headcoach.

How about neither and we just go ahead and keep Coach Kill and Coach Claeys right where they are? ;)

Congratulations Coach Kill!

Thanks for turning this ship around the right way.

How about either and we just go ahead and keep Coach Kill and Coach Claeys right where they are? ;)

Well, that's what I kinda meant. lol. IF Coach Kill wants to leave, just hire Claeys.

Anyways, congrats to Coach Kill. I knew he'd win it after the Nebraska win... 4th place. Pretty much took 2/3 stars and made them respectable.

Back-to-back 4 loss regular seasons and a 2015 that won't be any better? Okie!

Considering you're not a Gophers fan, you wouldn't understand how big of a deal the past two years has been. I know you like to think you're smarter than everyone else, but you really aren't.

Either way, his statement was correct. You said Kill would be fired after 2015. Even if we go 2-10 next year, he will not be fired.

Just watched the interview on Big10 Network. Jerry would make a good politician. Mentioned how the interest from other schools would 'help' the program at U of M; what else could that mean except all the speculation increasing the pressure for a new practice facility? Didn't say a word about how happy he was here, a lot of talk about how much hard work he and staff put in turning around the culture at UofM. Didn't fail to mention that no one had called him yet (Clintonesque non-mention about calls to his agent). Non-commital all the way around. Is he thinking of going or is he using leverage for better facilities/pay? Both.

Also on a side note Jerry didn't look that great on camera health-wise; worse I've seen him on t.v. since last year.

Odd choice in my mind. Seems like Meyer is a no-brainer and I thought Anderson would be second.

It's a damn shame that our season ticket fiasco is drawing Gopher fans attention away from what should be a celebration of a great coaching job/season by Coach Kill. SKI-U-MAH!

Really pleased for Coach Kill and his staff.

Out of interest - does Pat get a media vote?

Top Bottom